[Meetup] December 17th, 2020: Festive Community Social

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] December 17th, 2020: Festive Community Social

Christmas.jpg

Hello everyone,

I don't know about you, but the holiday period feels like it's speeding towards us now, we will blink and it will have gone. Before that happens, I thought it was only right to send 2020 on it way with a festive social meetup. I'm picturing tinsel, festive jumpers (pull overs), decorations, carols, reindeers, festive food/drink....I think you get the picture. 🙂 

I've ummed and erred on the date as it would be lovely to get everyone together and celebrate the great friendships that we've made this year, so I'm hoping this date and time will be suitable for you. If not, please let me know and perhaps we could swap to the other timezone friendly time.

Next meet up will be: Thursday 17th, December 1PM (UK time)

Timezones:

Thursday December 17th, 7AM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Thursday December 17th, 8AM (New York / Toronto)

Thursday December 17th, 2PM (Spain)

Thursday December 17th, 10PM (Seoul)

Thursday December 17th, 10:30PM (Darwin)

Thursday December 17th, 11:30PM (Adelaide) 

I'm sorry to our friends in Australia/South Korea, this is quite late for you. 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMrf-GtpjojGNdP4rwjDLvf8jlMaVTnl9zl

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

It would be great to hear if you can make it and if you are in the festive/holiday mood yet? 

Tagging some of you who are regulars, but anyone who is new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you (festive wear is option, but encouraged! hehe):

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick@Debra300 @Yuan100 @Robin4@Katie@Marj2

Thanks so much, look forward to hearing from you.

Lizzie

P.S - we may also have a special guest attending.... 🙂  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

46 Replies 46
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Lizzie   @nick @Kate @Quincy  @Liv 

Naw you guys😍 are you really sending out gifts or have I just opened some terrible virus?

Thank you very much . 
Feeling the love 🥲

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

HoHoho NoNoNo @Ria16 that's not a virus, enjoy your wee treat too!!
Some of us old timers have also been blessed over the years with wee treats and I'm sure you will enjoy yours to  when the ships laden with Cargo are finally permitted into our waters to berth.

Did you see them lined up in the north this week?

We had around 8 lined up awaiting landing down here including one from Wallenius Wilhelmsen from Norway @Marit-Anne0 @Marit1 @Marit-Elisabeth0 @Marit-Anette-and-Dominiq0

@Wilhem1 @Wilhelm42 @Wilhelm21 @Wilhelm20 @Wilhelm18 @Wilhelm14 @Wilhelm0 

@Wallerand0 

IMG_2446.JPG

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

88B3ADA3-867F-45ED-8F22-C115104A67A9.jpeg

@Helen427  . Thanks 😀 nope just the odd log boat. Hoping it comes by air😀
 Whangārei-te-rerenga-parāoa (the place where whales gather) is way too precious to us for anything else. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Whose that dog leaving Paw Prints on the beach @Ria16 ?

Re Airbnblove email - use keywords Airbnblove and look up here in CC for further details.

Did your one have more than one item to choose from Ria?
Mine came up with the same choice each time so guess yours is the same blue item, is it?
Let's keep what it is a secret til we receive them huh!!

BTW, Huge backlog for air cargo to, it takes 7 week turn around for mail to and from Hong Kong, at least 28 days just from New Zealand, Sea freight is anyone's guess.

As an aside, Don't start me on food waste due to Restrictions imposed as it's those most in need in Circular Economy we live in that are paying the price ultimately,. There's a reason we live in a Circular Economy and why we have Rule of Law!!!

@Brian  why is there  not an @Airbnblove tag in CC??

It would be a good move to reassure customers queries  here as part of Admin when there's not clear answers and concerns re Spam.

Cheers

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

I just set the alarm on my phone so I don't miss it the meet up.  I'll be able to attend for about an hour before starting work.

@Debra300 .

Good to hear..... Well you’ll hear it! Lol....

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

It's late for me but I will try, if I'm sleeping I'll wish you merry Christmas now. 

NO...OOo, @Sandra126 ......

Hows your art work coming along? I do hope you have managed the lockdown okay with the now celebratory period of no community transmission! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼💐

Could you consider having a nap on the couch before hand?  At the stroke of midnight, you will keep the glass slipper and not turn into a pumpkin! 💝🎄. But I do know it’s late for you.....

Maybe you could come and say Merry Christmas, good morning, good evening and good night? 
🥰🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄💤💤💤💤💤. x

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Registered @Lizzie!

I will have the coffee ️ supplies lined up...... here in the NT! Plus some fruit cake for @Paul1255  and anyone else!
🎄🥂@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Kimberly29@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Gordon0, @Sandra126@Helen3,  @Marissa107@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick@Debra300 @Yuan100 @Robin4@Katie@Marj2, @Inna22@Kath9 @Ria16 ( pretend you’re catching a flight 🙂 )

🤶🏼🧑🏼‍🎄🧑🏼‍🎄🎅🏽🧑🏼‍🎄🤶🏼🎅🏽🧑🏼‍🎄🤶🏼🤶🏼🧑🏼‍🎄🎅🏽🎅🏽🧑🏼‍🎄🤶🏼🧑🏼‍🎄🎅🏽🧑🏼‍🎄🤶🏼🧑🏼‍🎄🎅🏽🧑🏼‍🎄🤶🏼🧑🏼‍🎄🎅🏽🧑🏼‍🎄🤶🏼🎅🏽🎅🏽🧑🏼‍🎄🤶🏼🧑🏼‍🎄🎅🏽🤶🏼

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Cathie19  That’s midnight for us too huh?

Will see how I go at keeping my eyes open but do wish everyone a safe and peaceful Christmas 🎄 and a glorious 2021!

@Cathie19 See you guys!!! Hopefully, I have some snow that day in Oslo to show you guys! 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I'd love to,  usually I'm comatose by 10... but maybe I'll set an alarm.  

Yay @Sandra126 .... and wear one of your celebratory hats!

Kemi6
Level 10
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi @Lizzie,

I have registered and set my alarm. I haven't attented  a meet-up in ages!

I am looking forward to seeing everyone. 

Kind regards, 

Kemi