What are the foods you would recommend to your guests to try in your area?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What are the foods you would recommend to your guests to try in your area?

food.jpg

Hello,

One of the best ways to experience a place is through the food. That’s the reason many people when they are traveling like to try local food, even the food that might seem exotic to them. It is really helpful to have a recommendation from someone who knows the area and, in many cases, this person can be your own host.

What are the food recommendations to your guests to try in your area?

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

9 Replies 9
Stephen-and-Adam0
Level 7
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico

Hi @Stephanie 

In Dublin, we always recommend visitors take the DART train or pleasant drive to the small fishing village of Howth, where they can enjoy the freshest seafood caught in Dublin Bay.  You can work up an appetite with a hike in the surrounding hills and the fresh sea air 🙂  

Otherwise, it has got to be a fine pint of Guinness - Ireland's favourite and best enjoyed in it's home city!  

Adam

You, guys, are making me hungry. Fresh fish and the pasta dish on the picture looks so yummy. I love fish, but good fresh fish is so hard to get here in Staunton, Virginia. Wish I were in Dublin right now so I could go to that island to eat the catch of the day.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Stephanie

If my guests want, i like to propose for them, something new, our traditional foods like couscous, tajine, some breads.......and some meals, which made on marocain way. 

Thanks, 

Miloud

I absolutely love couscous and tajine. I learned to make good couscous when I lived in Libya. I also ate good couscous when I visited Casablanca. I had a great time there. The people were so nice.

Francesca
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

You shouldn't use a spoon to eat pasta! 😉 

Hey, hai un dubbio o una domanda?

Pubblicala cliccando >>QUI<< troveremo la risposta insieme.

Dai un’occhiata alla nostra netiquette, le

Linee guida della community

I thought that's how the Italians ate pasta, with a spoon.

Albanise0
Level 2
Staunton, VA

I would recommend the barbecued chicken wings at a local restaurant with their homemade, brick oven pizza. I would also recommend the fresh croissants at a local coffee shop. It is baked fresh every day.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie We have a wonderful fish and chip shop about 5 mins walk from here which I always recommend to hungry guests.  The fish is freshly caught and comes in a wonderful light crisp batter, ( they even do a gluten free batter if needed), the chips are chunky and the mushy peas are to die for.  That is the taste of England on a plate and no one has ever come away disappointed.

Jose954
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I would recommend them a couple of top spots in London that I tried myself, e.g. The Barbary or Berber & Q and of course Franco Manca. For local dishes, perhaps some of my favourite pubs.