Extra Guests

Heather-And-Siggy0
Level 1
Ormeau Hills, AU

Extra Guests

How does one go about charging for extra guests.  Only just started and have had 2 people ask to bring an extra guest (advertised for 4 guests - they want 5).  We can do this by providing an extra bed but feel that a fee should be charged to cover washing of sheets and towels.  Don't see anywhere in the booking in area that can accommodate this.

Heather & Siggy.

48 Replies 48
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

The easiest way to do this is on your phone app. Open your listing and scroll down to where it says additional charges and click on. Where it reads additional guests tap on the plus sign until you reach 4 guests and then add your cost for any additional guests above your current 4 guest limit.
Vicky0
Level 4
Norwich, United Kingdom

You may need to change your maximum number of guests as well in order to let someone book for 5 (as if your max is 4 it probably won't let them amend to 5 at all).

if you comfortably accomodate 4 but can host 5 with extra bed, set max guests as 5 but charge the fee after 4 guests so you are compensated.

Cecilia44
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Excellent advice - problem solved. Thanks Vicky.

How to charge fee??

What if guest has already booked the space and checked in, but now wants to add extra guest?

Ingrid5
Level 2
Tauranga, New Zealand

Hi, it is with interrest that I follow this conversation.  

My listing is for a unit at the end of my home and is ideal for 2.  I offer breakfast supplies in the unit for the guests to have.  However I could accommodate another person on the couch and have included an extra fee for this ( in the section marked "extras" ).  When I changed the pre-approval for 3 guests rather than 2, I was under the impression that the "extra guest" fee would now be implemented....no such luck...  Does anyone know how to do this?  It seems odd that we can charge for extra guests, but not have a system in place to make it happen when we need to.

Kind regards, 

Ingrid

Lorina0
Level 2
Geraldine, New Zealand

Hi,

I have the same problem in that my listing says accomodates 2 but the base price is for one with an additional cost for 2. Sometimes guests are charged with the additonal cost but sometimes not which makes the cost far too low in my opinion. have not found anywhere I can change the costs other than on the calendar.

Did you get any answers?

Thanks

Lorina

I am having the same problem where Airbnb is not charging my additional guests.  Did you get this resolved.  I have the additional pricing after 6 people and they are a family of 8. No extra fee for 2 extra people

On my phone app "additional prices" came up, not "addit. guests. But it won't let me change anything. I can't figure out how to do it on the computer either.

Thanks for your help.

Jill

David84
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hello,

Perhaps by now you've managed to get this sorted.

For five years I have been doing just that: a 'base rate' for the first person, and a different price for each additional person. In this instance at this time my base rate is UK £32/night for first person, then UK £18/night each additiional person. Next week the base rate will be put up to £35, and so on, always the 2nd, 3rd etc, stay at £18. I also offer a discount for 3 or more guests , advising them to ask at time of booking.

You'll be able to make this price arrangement in your ABB listing pricing function.  Let me know how you get on if you need more help. Best regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the info but I cannot find *where* the option is to add the cost for extra persons?

Denise

Hi Dave ... I found it!  Didn't realize there would be additional options once I listed!

Thanks 🙂

I was going crazy trying to figure that out too!  

Louann0
Level 2
New York, United States

IF you list your place at a BASE or One person fee , People just book at at the base rate...and in the comments say " my husband and I, My sister an I " etc...then you are not getting the fee for the second person. 

The guet must enter 1, 2 or 3 guests as plus # in addition to the first ...and MANY times they do not . They jut book at the listed ( base) fee. 

I think listing the price for one person is risky.