Sarah4310
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Critique my listing - Sarah4310 in Nashville, TN

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sarah4310  The place itself looks nice, but your description is really scanty. You list 1 bedroom and 1 bed, yet have it listed for 6 guests. Why try to cram 6 people into a one bedroom, one bathroom home? If guests are sleeping in the living room, it ceases to function as a living room and there is no privacy. 

If you really want to list for 6, you need to add info to "The  Space" section, and add the sofa bed and twins to the living room section. You don't even say where these extra sleeping places are.

And if you want to use them as beds, you should show some photos of them made up as beds.

Are there fees to use the pool, etc? If so, you should mention them in the description. 

My suggestion is that you list for 4, maximum. Otherwise you might get reviews saying the place was small for 6 people, and all sharing one bathroom.

@Sarah977 thank you so much! I’ve tried to clarify the sleeping accommodations. Is that any better? I will add pictures of the additional sleeping arrangements too. 

The reason I list for 6 is because the town is popular for partying - especially bachelorette parties who don’t always seem concerned with space. However, it is more suitable for 4 people and I’ve priced similar to other units that sleep 4. Should I change to 4 and note that it could sleep 6? Or just change to 4? 

also - there are no charges for the amenities. Should I note that? 

@Sarah4310  Well, opening your place up to parties will not only get your listing suspended, because Airbnb doesn't all9w parties, guests will sneak more people in and your place will eventually get trashed. That is the experience of most hosts.

If you list for 4, there will likely still be guests who ask if they can bring another person or 2 and you can decide that on a case by case basis. But I wouldn't advertise that.

I don't have time to check out your changes right now, but I will. 🙂