Do I give partial refund?

Lisa5987
Level 2
Louisville, KY

Do I give partial refund?

Hi all, 

I'm fairly new to hosting and have an issue with a recent stay. This was a guest that stayed during the most lucrative time of year for airbnb where I live. I am new so was priced conservatively lower than most places in the area. At the end of the stay she mentioned the thermostat was not working (it was mid to high 70's the entire stay) and she was cold at night. I did check in that first day to tell her to let me know of any questions or concerns but there was no mention of this until checkout. She is now asking for partial refund. I was minutes away and could have resolved issue quickly if I knew there was one. Is she correct in asking for refund even though Temps were not cold and my place was priced lower? 

20 Replies 20
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Wow that wasn't patronising at all was it @Nina75 

My views are based on my many years of hosting and co-hosting and being a regular across a range of STR forums

@Sarah977  is a host who I think provides useful, reasoned  advice but we certainly don't always agree.

based on your posts here - yours is advice I wouldn't necessarily feel I would want to rely on - particularly when you look at your reviews and ratings across the listings you host. 

just have a look at this community and you will see the many, many posts from hosts unable to get Airbnb to remove revenge reviews. How many posts have you seen from those who say they were successful in doing so? 

I stand by my earlier advice 

Off-topic comment removed  - Community Center Guidelines]

@Dale711  I guess the Moderators didnt understand your comment. It was very on topic. hahahahaha

Ufff...

Yeap, it's my fault. I being too kind to........

Of course, they doesn't like the illustrion .

@Nina75  Bonne Weekend 😊

@Dale711  Merci

Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

@Lisa5987 I agree that she should not get a refund. I would make sure to send her the link @Colleen253 shared and educate her that if she had let you know and you could not fix it, you would have considered a refund. 

We always check in with guests on the second day as a precaution, ensuring they have every opportunity to let us know if something is wrong.

Jorge