Please Critique my Listing. Kelseyville, California

Please Critique my Listing. Kelseyville, California

Sybe_0-1660565793540.png

Hi!

I have been searching for a local community of hosts high & low with no luck. My husband & I used to host in Sonoma, CA. We were very successful until the County decided to change the zoning where our PERMITTED STR is located. Because of that, we decide to host again but in Kelseyville, CA.

It is a brand new listing & my only experience creating one is from my one listing in the past. Also, it appears a lot has changed since 2019...

I do totally see that my listing description & house rules are quite lengthy compared to other listings in the area. I wasn't sure how to make it informative and concise. I'm bothered by that. That I just didn't know how to shorten it up. :'(

I used the model from my prior listing which we had great results with back then, but I feel like I've fallen back & I'm not keeping up with the times.

Your input is super appreciated! I come with an attitude of gratitude. This is our only ABB property & we really need for it to work out.

Thank you so much!!!
Isabel

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Richard-and-Isabel0 

There is something remarkable with long term stay pricing:

You offer 60% discount for stays longer then 3 months, is this correct ?

Emiel1_0-1660336377284.png

Hi, yes.

Primarily because we mention that a California lease agreement will be needed for any stays of 28 days or more.

And the same lease agreement with an added stipulation that guests will be responsible for the costs of utilities will be required for any stays of 12 weeks or more.

We're basically not wanting to charge for utilities that the longer-term guests will pay.

@Richard-and-Isabel0   I like how thorough your description is, as well as your photo captions. I love the cookie and fruit cushions too - it's a fun little detail that really grabs the eye. The luggage racks are an interesting approach; they come in handy for a 1 or 2-night stay, but any longer than that and I'd rather have a wardrobe to put clothes away in.

There are a bunch of things you could trim out of your House Rules. You don't really have to state that guests have to keep all communication on-platform; if guests call or text you instead, you can always summarize the conversation in an Airbnb message afterward for documentation. You can lose the rule about booking modifications because it's no different from Airbnb's default policy. And I don't recommend asking guests to leave the home in the condition it was when they arrived; you may give specific pre-departure cleaning instructions, but you shouldn't imply that guests have to actually prepare the home for the next guests.

Thank you so much, @Anonymous! I will work on those edits soon. I have open wardrobes in each room, but as soon as it is financially feasible, I will add more storage. I may still have to find ways to trim the description. I notice people around this area see something long & they become instantly annoyed and disregard the listing altogether.
I hope I can put my best foot forward & find our way back to the success we had before the pandemic despite it being a different locality.

All the best,

Isabel