3 month hosting

Bobbie31
Level 2
Florence, AZ

3 month hosting

When long term hosting with the lowest rate possible, do you recommend resupplying things like shampoo, tissue, dish soap, laundry etc?  These things have not been requested when I've asked if anything was needed.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Bobbie31  Guests can't reasonably expect to have a budget rate and also get lots of amenities provided, that's just not a sustainable business model for a host. I don't list an entire place, nor do I do long-term bookings (most of mine are a week to 2 weeks), but from posts I've read here from hosts who do, they will often provide a starter pack of toilet paper, soap, etc, to last a few days or a week,and let guests know that after that, they will need to provide their own. You should make this very clear to guests in your listing description and again when they book, so they don't have other expectations. You could say something like "In order to keep the monthly rate affordable for my guests, a starter pack of basic amenities will be provided, and after that is used up, guests will be responsible for purchasing these things for themselves."