A guest that violated house rules left a mean, false review. should I leave a public reply to him?

Noa327
Level 2
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

A guest that violated house rules left a mean, false review. should I leave a public reply to him?

Recently I've had a very bad experience with a guest. There are two bedrooms in the apartment, one bedroom I rent on a regular basis, and the second bedroom I rent when I'm away. This time, I was away. Before the reservation, the guest asked about renting both rooms, hence, the entire apartment, and I even offered a discount, but in the end he decided to book a room only.

The second night, the guest in the other room left, and he informed me, at about 11pm, that he had switched rooms (without asking me, without my consent) because of a dripping sound that bothered his sleep.
It's very simple - if you booked one room, you can't decide that you're moving to the other bedroom, especially without even asking me. I told him that is not acceptable at all, and contacted airbnb support, which didn't reply. The next morning he sends another message that also in the other room there is an "increasing" dripping sound - and therefore he is cancelling his order. 

It was very clear to me that he is doing that also because he knew I reported him. 

This guest has 37 previous reviews, with an average rating of 5.0 stars. He knows well the rules of airbnb, and yet, he just whatever he wants!

he left a mean, false, review.  where he said: The positive is that the apartment is very well located. Its artistically decorated with lots of natural light. The negative, which was a big one for me, is that the upstairs neighbor’s air conditioner drips water increasingly onto the steel frame of the ac unit outside the bedroom window. The sound of dripping water made it difficult for me to sleep

He left a 2 star review - 2 stars for accuracy, 2 stars for value. Should I reply to him?
I have about 60 reviews, I've  never even got a 3 star review. I put such an effort in hosting and his review is unfair and untrue.

What would he do if it would have been raining? do you think I should reply? what should I say? 
rain also causes a dripping sound. never heard anyone leaving a 2 star review because it rained. 

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Noa327 I think you have to respond. Perhaps along the lines of no one else has ever complained about this and perhaps the guest is a very light sleeper. I would also see if there is anything that can be done to silence the drip. If there is then say you will be working with your neighbour to silence it. I am thinking a simple bit of string for the condensate to run down away from the bracket.

If it is entirely untrue then again respond carefully recognising you are NOT addressing the guest but rather future potential guests. Perhaps something like: This guest broke Airbnb rules and entered other guest's spaces. Having complained about him he sadly decided to make up issues with the room that just do not exist.