A local host sent us a reservation inquiry asking for our email address to add us to her wedding venue listing site.

Answered!
Donn-And-Vicki0
Level 2
Conewango Valley, NY

A local host sent us a reservation inquiry asking for our email address to add us to her wedding venue listing site.

Hello, we are fairly new hosts and recently had another local host send us a reservation inquiry; asking us if we would like to send her our email address and she would put our airbnb on her new wedding venue site  .   I am not sure if this is common and I was quite concerned that my inquiry denial will affect our newly achieved Airbnb Superhost status?

We do not know this host personally and we do not want to assume that she meant any harm but I am concerned that by sending us the reservation inquiry to ask us a question should not be a form of communication between hosts?  I guess what I am asking is; should hosts be soliciting other hosts email addresses by making a reservation inquiry just to ask a question?   Thank you. 

1 Best Answer
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I don't think you declined her @Donn-And-Vicki0 if all you did was answer her, but we don't know which button you pushed.  You can ask Customer Service to remove that decline if you did it accidentally.  Give them about two weeks to get back to you on that.  They're busy with an insane summer and your issue is not urgent.

You might want to check out Weven and see if it's a place you'd like to list your property for events.  If she is asking, it's possible she will get a commission and not you?  It's a little unclear.  You should do some digging.

If you want your property used for events you should create a separate listing on Peerspace because it is designed for events.  Don't allow events through Airbnb.  You won't have any protection and as a new listing could attract unauthorized parties.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Donn-And-Vicki0
Level 2
Conewango Valley, NY

This host explained that she uses the portal (Weven) for her new wedding venue.   

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Donn-And-Vicki0 An Inquiry is just a question. All that's required is a response. Go to the help pages and read up on some of the basics of hosting. It will help save you a lot of grief and hassle.

On my end it shows that I declined her trip.  I guess that is what confused me?  Even though it is only a inquiry it looks as if I declined her trip?

https://www.airbnb.ca/resources/hosting-homes/a/understanding-response-rate-and-acceptance-rate-86

@Donn-And-Vicki0 Above is a deep dive into all things ‘Request’ vs ‘Inquiry’ which will help you sort out the differences.

You ‘can’ decline an Inquiry but not necessary to do so.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

I don't think you declined her @Donn-And-Vicki0 if all you did was answer her, but we don't know which button you pushed.  You can ask Customer Service to remove that decline if you did it accidentally.  Give them about two weeks to get back to you on that.  They're busy with an insane summer and your issue is not urgent.

You might want to check out Weven and see if it's a place you'd like to list your property for events.  If she is asking, it's possible she will get a commission and not you?  It's a little unclear.  You should do some digging.

If you want your property used for events you should create a separate listing on Peerspace because it is designed for events.  Don't allow events through Airbnb.  You won't have any protection and as a new listing could attract unauthorized parties.