AIRBNB AND MAJOR PROPERTY MANAGMENT HOSTS DOUBLE DIPPING

Dale1098
Level 2
Fayetteville, AR

AIRBNB AND MAJOR PROPERTY MANAGMENT HOSTS DOUBLE DIPPING

Airbnb is allowing from what we have noticed Double Dipping. It is mainly only big time property management Companies hosting on Airbnb Platforms. What is happening is Guests/travelers cancel a reservation and they are not AT ALL entitled to a refund! EVEN WHEN THE HOSTS REBOOKS THE PROPERTY! Which means AIRBNB And the Major property Management companies are DOUBLE DIPPING! Which is so unethical it is literally Insane! I understand if guests/travelers canceled a reservation and the property did not rebook! Sure keep the money! But what is happening to guest/travels who cancel and the property gets rebooked is literally INSANE! THEY ARE DOUBLE DIPPING AND COLLECTING MONEY FROM THE CANCELLED RESVERATION AND FROM THE NEW BOOKING AT THE SAME PROPERTY SO THEY ARE MAKING DOUBLE IF NOT TRIPLE OFF THE SAME DATES AND THE SAME PROPERTY! THIS IS SO UNETHICAL AND WILL BE A MAJOR LAWSUIT IN THE COMING FUTURE THAT AIRBNB WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH BECAUSE THEY ARE ALLOWING DOUBLE DIPPING BECAUSE AIRBNB PROFITS OFF OF IT AS WELL! IT IS SO SAD THAT AIRBNB HAS BECOME SUCH AN UNSAFE PLATFORM FOR GUESTS AND TRAVELERS!  

49 Replies 49

@Dale1098 A quick google on US law suggests that electronic signatures etc are actually fine in Federal courts. Perhaps the law has evolved in recent years.

THE UNITED STATES BILL OF RIGHTS AND THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUION DOES NOT EVOLVE SIR! LORD THE FACT YOU ARE TRYING TO GOOGLE FEDERAL LAWS IS FUNNY.

@Dale1098 Ah I see - Do you believe the US Constitution applies everywhere by any chance?

Oh and the Constitution definitely does evolve as it has been amended several times.

LORD HELP YOUR SOUL. YOU CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHTS EITHER. NOR DO I EXPECT YOU TO. YOU REALLY NEED TO READ SOME BOOKS NOT GOOGLE.

YA YOU SEEM TO HAVE TO MANY OPINIONS! ESPICALLY YOUR OPINION ON DOUBLE DIPPING AND THAT YOU AGREE WITH DOUBLE DIPPING! STEALING MONEY FROM GUESTS AND TRAVELERS! ITS LITERALLY INSANE.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You're the only host here talking about 'double dipping'.

Be great to see your evidence that hosts agree with 'double dipping' @Dale1098 

and yes of course we have many opinions - that's the purpose of discussion forums - to discuss our opinions 😀😀😀😀

WHICH IS VERY SAD! EVERYONE SHOULD BE CONDEMNING ANY AND EVERYONE FOR DOUBLE DIPPING OFF OF CANCELLED RESERVATIONS BEING USED AS AN INCOME REVENUE STREAM. BUT NOPE EVERYONE IS JUST GOING TO KEEP BEING UNETHICAL AND IMMORAL RUNNING OFF CUSTOMERS. THE EVIDENCE IS IN THE COMMENTS LIKE YOUR COMMENT. IF YOU HAVE AN OPINION ON DOUBLE DIPPING THEN STATE YOUR OPINION. BECAUSE CLEARLY YOUR IN FAVOR OF IT.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Bless you @Dale1098 @it's rather ridiculous for you to unfairly and incorrectly imply because someone hasn't discussed  one or thousands of issues to do with STR management ie 'double dipping' that a host is automatically in favour of it.

if you want to organise a discussion around this topics - create your own post rather than crashing someone else's post about a completely different topic.

and try to stop being so verbally aggressive . No-one wants to discuss issues with others who are so combative and rude . 

THE ONLY PEOPLE CALLING NAMES IS YOU? SAYING I BEING VERBALLY AGRESSIVE AND YELLING? THATS YOUR OPINION AND ITS HEAR SAY. IN FACT NO WORDS ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH. SO HOW CAN I BE YELLING? I DO ALSO HAVE A POST ALREADY CREATED BUT IF OTHER POSTS MENTION THINGS LIKE THIS I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO EXPRESS MY OPINION ON ANY POST. I AM NOT BEING RUDE! YOUR READING MY WORDS AND CAPITAL LETTERS OUT OF CONTEXT AND THROWING ACCUSATIONS AROUND THAT ARE UNTRUE! 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Dale1098,

The purpose of the community is for Hosts and guests to come together and share different perspectives, advise and support based on their own experiences. During these interactions, we expect our members to maintain a welcoming, respectful and constructive environment with the spirit of Community.

I recommend taking a look at our Community Center guidelines. Bear in mind we’ll have to close this thread if continues in this direction.

Thank you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT MY POSTS ARE DOING! BRINGING EVERYONE TOGETHER SO HOSTS CAN STOP DOUBLE DIPPING AND USING CANCELLATIONS AS AN INCOME REVENUE AND BY TAKING CARE OF GUESTS/TRAVELERS! AIRBNB IS NO LONGER SAFE FOR GUESTS/TRAVELERS. IT'S MAIN PURPOSE NOW DAYS IS TO EXTRACT AS MUCH INCOME AS IT CAN FROM GUESTS/TRAVELERS (OUR CUSTOMERS) INSTEAD OF HAVING THE BEST INTEREST OF OUR CUSTOMERS IN MIND. MOST MAJOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT HOSTS AND EVEN SOME HOSTS AS YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE ARE TAKING ADVANATGE OF CANCELLATIONS AND REBOOKING THE PROPERTY FOR THE SAME DATES AND LOOSING NO MONEY BUT INSTEAD MAKING DOUBLE AND SOMETIMES TRIPLE THE MONEY BY NOT REFUNDING THE CANCELLED BOOKING EVEN AFTER THE PROPERTY GETS REBOOKED! IF YOU OR ANYONE CARED ABOUT AIRBNB THEN EVERYONE SHOULD STAND UP NOW AND NOT ALLOW DOUBLE DIPPING OR USING CANCELLATIONS AS A REVENUE STREAM! OF COURSE ANYONE WOULD WANT THIS POST GONE IF THEY USE DOUBLE DIPPING AND CANCELLATIONS AS A REVENUE STREAM! 

Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Dale1098   I can see that your complaint is mainly towards Major Property Management and yes they might be not as lenient as most of the small hosts on Airbnb, but that is no reason to shout (capital letters) or rant at people who are agreeing or disagreeing with you.

When you book a stay  through Airbnb, you are notified about the cancellation policy.  Each individual listing is different and hosts can choose what policy they would like.  It is up to you, the guest to read these details.  When you make the booking you are agreeing to these terms.  If you haven't read the details in full, that is not the hosts fault.

Saying that some hosts would offer off their own accord to give a refund if your cancelled dates are re-booked, but they don't have to legally do that, it would just be a moral decision. 

Unfortunately if you book with a big major company, that is the risk you take.  For them it is just business !  

I like many others offer a refund if rebooked but like @Kia272 & @Mike-And-Jane0  said it is down to you the guest to the read the details fully before you book.  

I LOVE HOW EVERYONE IS GETTING OFFENSIVE BECAUSE I AM USING ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! WHAT LAW SAYS I HAVE TO USE LOWER CASE LETTERS? WHAT LAW SAYS CAPITAL LETTERS MEAN SHOUTING? YOU'RE ACCUSING ME OF SHOUTING BECAUSE I AM WRITING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS LOL 

@Dale1098 You really need to chill on all this LAW stuff. Clearly there is no law about typing in capitals but there are socially accepted norms. 

I do wonder though why you are so angry about everything. It reminds me of the late Steve Wright who was a radio DJ - In the eighties he had a character called Mr Angry who came on and ranted about everything/anything that was wrong in life. It was actually very funny....

AGAIN WITH THE ANGRY STATEMENTS? YOUR ASSUMING I AM ANGRY BECAUSE THE COMMENTS ARE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. ALSO NO SOCIALLY ACCEPTED NORMS ARE POSTED ANYWHERE THAT SAY TYPE IN LOWER CASE OR UPPER CASE. I AM SIMPLING STATING FACTS THAT 85% OF HOSTS ON THIS PLATFORM ARE RUINING OUR CUSTOMERS AND DOUBLE DIPPING AND USING CANCELLED RESERVATIONS AS A REVENUE STREAM AND IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP! BUT CLEARLY NO OTHER HOSTS CARE OR WANT THIS FIXED THEY JUST WANT TO KEEP ROBBING THE BLIND AND THEN THEY WILL NOT RETURN TO THE AIRBNB PLATFORM.