Airbnb Customer Service SUCKS!

Alex911
Level 2
New York, NY

Airbnb Customer Service SUCKS!

Hi Fellow hosts and travelers, 

I have completed several hundred trips and hosted about many times no issues whatsoever. 

One time I needed help a few years back customer service was awesome and made you want to use this company even more. 

Now I booked a place - host lied about smoking, place reeked of pot, I left and talked to a CS rep who seemed to get it. 

The follow up people however don't even read the host- guest message exchange jump to conculsions, seem like bots or people who can't read or 

think on their own. 

Airbnb is going down if there is no support for us as customers anymore. 

Anyone knwo how to even reach a supervsior or have they been replaced by ai too?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alex911 

If you are unhappy with the accommodation you have to follow some procedures (Which i assume, as being an experienced user of the platform, you are familiar with):

What if i need-to cancel because of a problem with the listing or host

Not clear from your post what exactly you need Airbnb CS for now.

But i suggest to contact account "AirbnbHelp" on Twitter. At least there are stil humans behind it !

And yes, Airbnb CS seem to have moved completely to Artificial Intelligence, but i fear they bought the wrong robots (Artificial Incompetence)

I totally agree with you Alex and I have complained many times, but it makes no difference. They are really not reading messages, they do not open attachments-images or they do not comprehend and provided standard useless answers. Also, they close messages without even asking, or when they ask, it is automatic (Yes, I need Help, or No I am done) and often the options provided are not there, as the cases close really fast. I cannot get a supervisor and I am asked to provide feedback via the feedback section of the site, yet, I do not think that such feedback is read there, as I do not see any improvements.