Airbnb & Host - complaint

Airbnb & Host - complaint

Hi members of Airbnb community, I am a little lost. I have a letter of complaint I want to send to Airbnb manager and their and host but don't know where to submit the complaint to their managers. I have already reach out to them, but their support team is lacking and only given me a feedback link. 

I am looking for a compensation for my Non-refundable incurred expenses. My recent experience I had while using Airbnb, unfortunately, the situation has caused significant stress and financial strain for my family and me over the Easter period. I booked my accommodation 4 weeks before the Easter break and was notified by message only 12 hours before my check in time for Phillip Island accommodation was cancelled by Airbnb. I’ve received a phone call on from Airbnb support, saying I longer have accommodation due to “System Overbooked” I was completely frustrated with the last-minute cancellation but have tried to work with their support agent to find a nearby accommodation. They only provided 1 listing was available in Phillip Island, and upon enquiring that was also rejected. I also looked for options, but none was available.  I  have also ask for their manager to call me but none received, I am tired of text messages exchanged over the course of TWO DAYS BUT NO REAL SUPPORT OR SOLUTION on alternative accommodation. Easter is over and I was left stranded with no place to go. 

I am deeply impacted, dissatisfied and financially out of pocket as a result of Airbnb system error and host lack of response. I would like Airbnb to be accountable for their Overbooking Incident, Inadequate Alternative Offer, and lack of support during this period. Given the circumstances, I would like to request compensation for the non-refundable expenses incurred, such as flights, car rental, nature tickets, etc 

Overbooking not only disrupted my plans but also caused significant stress and financial burden. I trust that Airbnb values customer satisfaction and will take appropriate measures to rectify this situation.  Can anyone help me to bring this matter to their manager? 

Regards Thao 

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Thao107 Airbnb has a clever approach to customer complaints by not having anywhere to register them. As such they have a near blemish free record. The only way you can get them to listen is by taking them to the small claims court. You would probably lose if they actually contested your claim but many times they don't bother so you will get an automatic win.

If it helps (and I know it won't) be assured that their support of hosts appears equally woeful to their support of guests. Aircover is worth nothing so travel insurance is key in the future.

Hi Mike-And-Jane0

Thank you for your reply. I am so disappointed in their lack of complaint platform so I'm reaching out on here.  Airbnb don't really have a resolution department too, and I find that they're not accountable for their "double booked" system and allow hosts to get away with last minute cancellation. Whilst not offering the same rule to guest.  Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.

Much appreciated. 

Regards

Thao

@Thao107 Actually hosts are heavily penalised for last minute cancellations. I think they are charged up to 50% of the booking value and the dates are then blocked in their calendar. As well as making money for Airbnb this penalty is supposed to help Airbnb make amends to the guest. Search for Host cancellation penalties if you want the full (and accurate) story.

I tried to google this topic, there's not much information on this. 

Thanks for trying.