Avoid bookings which create gap less than minimum stay requirement

Benjamin1087
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Avoid bookings which create gap less than minimum stay requirement

Hi, I have set a minimum stay of 3 nights. But Airbnb accepts bookings leaving only a 2 night gap between bookings, meaning my property is effectively unrentable for this period. How do I set Airbnb to refuse to accept bookings if it will leave a gap below my minimum stay requirement? I can see no obvious way to do it. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Hi @Benjamin1087 

You would need to turn on Pro Tools and use Rule Sets to accomplish this. You can leave your default min stay setting as 3 nights. If you have a gap between two 3-night stays, use the Rule Set to override your 3night min stay and allow a 2night stay. You can also use custom trip lengths on the regular calendar and apply to the gaps in your calendar:

Custom Trip Lengths Reg Calendar.png

Pro Tools & Rule Sets

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/Guide-How-to-Use-Pro-Tools-amp-Rule-Sets-to-Cre...

Airbnb.com/multicalendar

Thanks but that is not quite what I want to do. If I am booked for a guest to leave on, say 15th, and another guest tries to book to arrive on 17th, I want Airbnb to refuse the booking. But if the other guest tries to book to arrive on 18th, it will allow it. This means I can fit another 3 day booking in the gap. But I don't want 1 or 2 day bookings under any circumstances!

@Benjamin1087 

I see...you can use rule sets to do this as well. There is no "set and forget" way to do this, as you would still have to create a Rule Set as described below to accomplish what you want to do to prevent gaps in bookings:

Create a Custom Date Range for Check-in/CheckOut & Min Stay

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/Guide-How-to-Use-Pro-Tools-amp-Rule-Sets-to-Cre...

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Benjamin1087, I just wanted to check in and see if you have tried Joan's suggestions. This guide has been helpful to many Hosts in our community.

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad