Starting Out

Answered!
Jennifer3975
Level 2
Beverly, MA

Starting Out

I am just starting out with Airbnb and recently landed my first two bookings! While I’m very excited, I would love some tips on communicating with my upcoming guests & some pointers on little things I can do to make a big impact on their stay.

Thanks in advance!

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jennifer3975 we always send a thank you message when guests book and another a few days before their stay giving directions and asking roughly what time they are arriving. Most times the first message gets a response explaining why they are coming and generally opens up communications.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jennifer3975 we always send a thank you message when guests book and another a few days before their stay giving directions and asking roughly what time they are arriving. Most times the first message gets a response explaining why they are coming and generally opens up communications.

Thank you so much for this insight! I’m going to research timing and messaging so I can implement this now! This was helpful!

Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

Hi @Jennifer3975 - welcome!

Yes I always had a thank you for booking with us message and asked them a few questions such as:

1) What brings you to our area? Is it a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, visiting family/friends, checking out a university)?

2) Would you prefer a self check in or a quick tour of the space? If a quick tour please give me an estimated time of arrival so I can greet you.

3) Do you have any questions about the area? Please see my guidebook for local attractions, nearby parks, restaurants, or tips for our area. 

We will reach out closer to your arrival date with instructions for check in and parking. 

You may want to check on scheduled messages as once I set them up, it’s been smooth sailing. I do one for immediately upon booking, one 7-10 days prior to booking with a reminder about the reservation, another one the day before with check in information and driving directions, one one day post check in asking if they needed anything to make their stay more comfortable, then one day prior to check out with check out time, day and instructions (please open the blinds and lock the door, please place dirty dishes in the dishwasher, please place trash and recycling in their containers but we will take them out after you leave).