Bookings dried up

Mauricia2
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Bookings dried up

Hello everyone, yes I've not been on site for awhile.  My question. How has other host been finding this year's bookings? I'm practically getting no bookings at all.

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Mauricia2, I am reaching out to our amazing member @Mike-And-Jane0 to share some insights, if possible.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Kyle325
Level 3
Asheville, NC

airbnb's 'summer release' last year destroyed the platform for hosts.  our listing has dropped over 50% since then - this month we only have 2 bookings for 4 nights; historically, we were booking 26-28 nights/month.  their search algorithms and date windows are killers.  their 'categories' don't do a thing.  the platform is about worthless now....  70%+ of our bookings came from airbnb - it all started the same exact time as their 2022 summer release rolled out

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Kyle325 You are slightly wrong. The summer release destroyed bookings for some hosts but clearly not all hosts as Airbnb revenues continue to rise. What actually seems to have happened is that the algorithms boosted some people and dropped others. My suspicion is that price has become more important in the algorithm.