Cancel

Karla381
Level 1
Gold Coast, Australia

Cancel

I don't have a refund policy in my Airbnb listing, but a guest is asking for a 50% refund after staying for one night. The reason they want to cancel is that they are unhappy with the suburb and the busyness bus in the the area. I offered to refund 25% as a goodwill gesture, even though I'm not required to, but the guest is still unhappy. I currently have a 4.9-star rating, and I'm concerned about receiving a bad review. Should I give them the 50% refund to avoid the negative review?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Karla381 Sadly you'll probably get the bad review anyway so don't let that affect your decision.

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Karla381 , I’m afraid @Mike-And-Jane0 , is correct. Whether or not you give decide to refund your past guest, they will most likely leave a less than 5 star review. Does your listing mention the possibility of bus noise? I see you do mention there is a bus stop not far from your location but not sire if the noise of buses throughout the day is loud enough to bother potential guest. I supply my guest(s) individually wrapped disposable ear plugs as some of my guest(s) might be light sleepers. This might be an option moving forward.

Best—