Cannot get through ID verification

Answered!

Cannot get through ID verification

I am stuck in the verification process and risk losing the reservation I made.

I am based in Romania and used both the national ID and the driver's license (although it's not a given everyone has a driver's license) with no luck.
Contacted support and they are useless.

I tried even changing the name to include the middle name which appears on the official IDs with no luck.

Support told me to upload the front to both front and back boxes. Same result.

I keep receiving messages that the image appears to be modified and verification cannot be done.

1 Best Answer

After many attempts I installed the Android app and managed to verify the account using that. Horrible experience as a first time user

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Radu-Gabriel0 ,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Were you able to carry on the booking process and have yourself successfully verified on the Airbnb App?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

After many attempts I installed the Android app and managed to verify the account using that. Horrible experience as a first time user

Peter4095
Level 1
Eltham North, Australia

Evidently this problem continues till today. I too have had issues with ID verification. A reservation was canceled automatically on me, twice already. The process with the AirBNB folks was kafkayesk. I was told there was a bug in their system. Got an email after several hours that it was fixed. But it was not. I don't have any way to re-upload an ID to make sure everything is fine (since re-uploads cannot happen within 90 days of a reservation). I don't even know what ID AirBnB has from me (and it would be great if AirBnB at least would let me know, as this is a basic right of a customer).  AirBnB couldn't even re-institute my reservation over the phone. Everything is blamed on "the system," as if you're dealing with one of those bureaucratic institutions. I don't have android so your suggestion won't work. The ordeal has taken hours of my time.

Until AirBnB sorts this out, I will no longer be able to use it. Time to look for alternatives?

Peter