Change reservation date

Teresa473
Level 2
Morpeth, United Kingdom

Change reservation date

I've booked a week away in January, the cancellation policy is Strict, a family event has cropped up & we'd like to bump the reservation on 1 week so we can attend the event & still have our holiday, we don't want to cancel. The new dates are available but I'd like to be sure that if I request to change the dates we won't lose 50% of monies paid (as per cancellation policy). The answer may seem obvious to some people but I'd be grateful for advice, tia.

2 Replies 2
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Teresa473 

Here is an Airbnb link that might help in understanding how to change dates for a reservation but the best thing would be to contact your host first and explain your reasons for wanting to change the dates.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/913

For you not to incur the 50% cancellation penalty, you must not cancel this reservation or ask the host to cancel and this must be an amendment to your current reservation that the host has to agree to.

By reading the link, it looks like you can make a "test" with the new dates and you should see if there is any extra money owed before pressing the send to host request.

Let us know how it worked out for you,

All the best

Joëlle

Teresa473
Level 2
Morpeth, United Kingdom

Thank you Joelle, I have messaged the host to explain, will await their reply & let you know how I get on xx