Chineese toilet habits

David10371
Level 1
Belfast, United Kingdom

Chineese toilet habits

Can anyone explain what the Chinese fascination with toilet paper is about.  Not the stuff they are supposed to flush, and don’t I can understand that!  … all the other stuff.. my bin is virtually full of tissue paper int young male I. One night used a whole toilet roll.🥴!  
Showering another thing!  20/30 min standing in a shower what that all about? 
it’s happened for years just dying to know why? 

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@David10371 I am sure it is unintentional but classing all people of a race the same is one definition of racism. Our experience with this country is that they are just the same as any other some use. lot of toilet paper others very little.

I mentioned Chineese because although I’ve been fortunate to host  virtually every nationality on the planet it is only the Chinese that use so much tissue and spend 20 + in the shower! No race issues intended whatsoever just a simply question!

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Curious, are you able to tell Chinese apart from Japanese, Korean, Vietnam, etc?

On topic: never had an issue with toilet paper or taking long showers with Chinese in particular. Although I don't think taking long showers is an issue nor do I even know how long they take their shower since we don't really monitor that. Overall, Chinese guests have been pretty good, and ranks consistently above average in our experience.

David10371
Level 1
Belfast, United Kingdom

Their phone number usually dictates country of origin…