Claims Reimbursement

Konrad67
Level 1
Fayetteville, AR

Claims Reimbursement

On July 21st 2023 I had a guest stay in my Airbnb. This gentleman broke one of the windows between our two Airbnbs and also broke a window screen in our front window after locking himself out of the property. I immediately filed a complaint with this guest and never heard back from him. I waited for Airbnb to escalate the claim and I never received an email or message asking me to do so. I was out of town and was having some trouble with the app. I tried multiple times using the app to escalate the claim but I was getting an error message. I returned home from my trip and utilized my computer. I was able to escalate the claim to Airbnb. I was shocked to hear that my claim was denied because "it was made too late" also "I had not signed a host protection letter." The original email from the reimbursement team did not even include the letter or ask me to go ahead and sign the letter. Instead... they waited 30 days to go by before telling me I was too late. Additionally, the claims department stated that I escalated the claim too late. When I mentioned that the app was not working for me during my travels they responded "why did you not tell us that earlier." Then, they stated "send us proof." Airbnb should automatically escalate claims if there is no communication from the other party. As a host of 3-4 years, I am extremely disappointed. I have made claims in the past and NO ONE has asked me to sign any sort of letter or notified me of any time frame to do certain tasks. I should not be held responsible for technical glitches of an app. I request that my claim be approved and that I am reimbursed. I may consider leaving this platform. My 4 listings all make the same amount of money as a long term rental as they do with being and AIrbnb. I am close to pulling the plug. My communication with Nuno was really poor. He was non concise with his communication. I felt as though he was accusatory and at minimum unrealistic. As mentioned before, I have filed multiple claims in the past (as has every host) and I am not hiring a lawyer to read all the fine print of certain agreements. I felt as though Nuno was not grounded and his communication was difficult to understand. I have requested many call backs from Nuno for specific times. I get called at 8 pm or later with no rhyme or reason. I have a full time job and I can not answer unrecognized numbers at any hour of the day. I have had to ask to open multiple cases because they automatically close them after a day or two. It has been a very frustrating experience for me. Please help.

**[Reservation number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Konrad67 you say 'I have filed multiple claims in the past (as has every host)'. I can assure you that  not every host has filed multiple (or even 1 claim). In fact I would suspect that the vast majority of hosts have never filed a claim.

This doesn't really answer my question actually.