Critique my listing - Sally in British Columbia, Canada

Critique my listing - Sally in British Columbia, Canada

Hi to the community, I got my post up in a hurry before Christmas, now that has passed I'm realizing that it needs some attention. I would love to hear your ideas of how to better grab people's attention with listing description, and overall critique of the listing. Is it easy to understand? 

Thank you so much, any feedback is welcome.

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/52071306?check_in=2022-03-21&check_out=2022-03-28&guests=1&adults=4&s=67...

1473 Living C (1).jpgadd? or remove?

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sally849  You need to make the living situation clear in your description. Who lives downstairs, you? Is the guests' entrance through what you call the lobby (I've never heard of a private home having a "lobby"- that makes it sound like a hotel or condo complex- it's what I'd call an entrance foyer) shared with you, or private?  

All that needs to be clarified. And I would add to the house rules, "No visitors or extra guests not on the booking are allowed." It's not like guests can throw some house trashing party with an oin-site host, but some guests assume they can just invite friends or family over as they please.

Otherwise your listing looks fine to me.

Hey Sarah, Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, this is what i was looking for, constructive criticism. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sally849 

Your listing looks lovely, but I agree with @Sarah977 .

Although I can see now that you have made it clear in the description what the living arrangements are, I am still a bit unsure if you should list this as entire home or not. I think it is an entire home as it has a completely separate entrance. However, the laundry is shared and also, you list a private yard, but then mention that the guests may see you in the yard. Is it the same yard or two separate ones?

Seems like small points, but I have seen other hosts with similar set ups come into problems with this with a few guests who were not expecting anyone else to be around (even when it was mentioned on the listing). Guests don't always read everything! 

I would be especially wary if you are using Instant Book. In that case, I would be extra cautious. If you're not using it, then you could always just reiterate the set up to guests before they book.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sally849 why do you only allow check in between 4 and 7pm when it is via a lockbox?

good point! Thank you