Delayed Responses and Unresolved Issues

Delayed Responses and Unresolved Issues

I'm experiencing significant issues with Airbnb support regarding my bookings, including delayed responses and unresolved issues, and I'm seeking assistance to resolve it.

Background: As an Airbnb host, I rely on timely and effective support to manage my bookings and address any problems that arise. Recently, I've encountered several situations where I've needed assistance from Airbnb support, but the response times and resolutions have been unsatisfactory.

Issue: The main problems I'm encountering with Airbnb support include:

1. Delayed Responses: When I submit a support request, it often takes several days to receive a response. This delay is problematic, especially when dealing with urgent booking issues such as last-minute cancellations or guest complaints.
  2. Unresolved Issues: Even when I do receive a response, the support provided is often inadequate, and my issues remain unresolved. This has included situations like refund disputes, policy clarifications, and technical problems with my listing.

Troubleshooting: Here are the steps I've taken to address the support issues so far:

1. Used the Airbnb Help Center to try to find solutions to my problems before contacting support.
  2. Contacted Airbnb support through multiple channels (email, phone, and in-app messaging) to escalate my issues.
  3. Provided detailed information and documentation in my support requests to help expedite the resolution process.
  4. Followed up on my open support tickets regularly to check on the status and urge for a quicker resolution.

Observations: Despite these efforts, the issues with delayed responses and unresolved support requests persist, affecting my ability to manage my Airbnb bookings effectively. This problem is critical as it impacts both my guests' experiences and my overall success as a host.

Request for Assistance: If anyone has experience with improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Airbnb support or has encountered similar problems, I would greatly appreciate your insights and assistance. Specifically, I'm looking for strategies to expedite support responses and ensure that my issues are resolved satisfactorily.

Thank you for your help and support

3 Replies 3

Is there anyone?

@Joe3792 

You mentioned you are a host but I tried to find your listings and didn’t see them under your profile? Are you listed as a host or cohost on your properties? Or is your listing being managed by a company or significant other? 

I am not sure if this may play a role but it could possibly… if your host who is managing all the listings is a big company, does Airbnb respond differently to them than if they were a smaller company or individual host with multiple listings? Just a thought… I have no idea what the answer may be to that.

Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Joe3792 

Hi, it seems like you’ve done everything right. It’s frustrating when the support isn’t as speedy as we would like them to be. Sometimes we get handed off to a different agent because their shift ended or it seems sometimes like they are more interested in closing a ticket than actually providing the help you need (I wonder if it’s a metric that they are graded or rewarded on). 

This is not a direct customer support place but rather a forum for guests and hosts to share, vent, ask for help, provide help and the like. It is moderated by community host managers who can flag your issue and send it to the right team. @Bhumika @Paula @Rebecca could you assist Joe with his issue? 

I find I get the fastest support when I call in and speak to an agent. I’ve chatted before and they do call me but I may be busy when they do so they leave a message then message me on the app. I do like to have a running thread of the issue so I do like to keep the case open on the app or messages until it is entirely resolved (as they sometimes like to close the message even though it is still being worked on). Some agents are better than others on resolution so you can always call back and mention your case number so they can read the thread of what has been going on. It also helps if the guests call Airbnb support directly as sometimes they are more efficient with guest complaints than host complaints. I like to show them that I proactively called in regarding an issue that could negatively impact the guest and ask support to call the guest to help out.

Hopefully the community managers will reach out with a direct message to assist you more.