Do you leave masks for guests?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Do you leave masks for guests?

We debate this and thus far have come down on the side of "no." Curious about whether others who are hosting right now leave masks for guests. 

We have hand sanitizer and info about wearing masks locally/what is required, but we stop short of leaving masks for visitors. My husband doesn't want to buy disposable masks as he is not keen on the waste, and I don't want to have to make sure that we have a supply of washable masks clean and ready in addition to everything else we provide. So we have not left any so far. I do wonder if guests would use them or be suspicious of anything that is not disposable (has it been washed?)

Are you leaving masks for guests in your listing?

16 Replies 16
John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Emilia42 @Laura2592 @Mark116 

I provide regular hand soap and Ms Myers hand soap in both the bathroom and kitchen sink. The guest haven't really used the hand sanitizers both big bottle and small 2oz one, although a few reviews mentioned them with positive review about attention to detail. There is also cans of Lysol, Lysol wipes, hospital grade disinfectant, and other cleaning supplies, but they don't use those either. I let them know the entire place has been cleaned and disinfected.  

I'm glad I haven't included mask. Its a political issue and some guest might think they are supposed to wear one all the time or something. So far no one has mentioned anything about them. I say in my listing that the only time I usually see guest is if we happen to be leaving at the same time and say hello from across the yard. Sometimes though do hang out with them and paddle board or something if they are interested. I do have mask handy incase I need to knock on the door if smoke alarm goes off or late checking out. 

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

It's a "yes" for me on leaving masks. I provide one disposable mask per guest per stay.

I'm considered an essential worker, and buy disposable masks for myself anyway, for when I do office calls.  I have a travel kit of mask, sanitizer and disinfecting wipes. 

I have a detailed Covid info sheet in my space with the latest local information. I also leave a small dispenser of sanitizer, and a container of disinfecting wipes, along with the masks. 

Most of my guests have been taking the masks, which could mean they arrived unprepared, or their home locations don't have the same regulations we do in Chicago, or they just like the freebie.   

For me, leaving  masks adds to the message that I take Covid seriously, and ask guests to do the same.