Do you provide board games for your guests?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you provide board games for your guests?

Games.jpg

Hey there everyone,

I was chatting with a host recently that suggested the tip of leaving board games in her guest rooms for them to enjoy in their downtime. A deck of cards opens up endless possibilities of games but minimising family disputes calls for the avoidance of Monopoly, for sure!

Do you provide board games for your guests to indulge in? What are your top picks?

Thanks!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

146 Replies 146
Robert563
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

I put a professional set of poker chips and chess board. Plus a giant scrabble board game. Chess seems the most popular. 

Angel-and-John1
Level 2
Salisbury, MD

Yes, in fact I have moved most of our board games and several decks of cards into the unit we rent out. We have been thanked several times for this.

Melinda60
Level 2
Conway, SC

Yes , I have a game cubby with cards,Uno,Scrabble, a wooden box with  combo chess, checkers & backgammon.Also, I provide my Airbnb magazines to thumb through and a few assorted books for grown-ups with a couple of childrens poems and dog stories.

Pam343
Level 2
Fort White, FL

Yes we leave cards, dominoes, and puzzles for our guests.  Our two "glamping" units also offer paper and pencil for keeping score on those rainy days when the guests cannot get out on the river.  

Heather772
Level 2
Victoria, Canada

We leave board games and lawn games for our guests! LIFE, Scrabble, cards, crib, ladder ball, bean bag toss, and bocce ball. We also have adult colouring books which are always a hit! 

Jane382
Level 2
Brookings, OR

Yes some guests are thrilled some don’t care

Wendy172
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

I provide a selection of board games and a pack of cards and my guests love them!!  They end up playing games instead of watching TV which is lovely to hear!Xx

Roger-and-Lisa1
Level 2
West Davenport, NY

Yes we do! We have several board games as well as checkers & backgammon along with a couple decks of cards and two puzzles. (We also have several coloring books & crayons for the kiddies along with sidewalk chalk! We always encourage the kids to draw on our driveway (it washes right off!)  and leave us pictures! 

Christy137
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

We have a collection of board games, as well as several shelves of a variety of types of books (something for everyone) and several books of crossword puzzles and wordsearches and soduko.  These are $1 each at the dollar store, so I am happy to replace them. As well we have an assortment of toys for children (wooden dollhouse and wooden train and assorted blocks).  When children stay I also leave them a little basket with crayons and coloring book and a sticker book and some bubbles.  We also have hundreds of DVDs and blurays which we have alphabetized and made a list so our guests can borrow movies as well ( in case Netflix and prime aren't enough)

Yes I do.  We are on the lake but sometimes weather can have a mind of it's own.  The comments I have had is they enjoy having a chance to play a board game and have fun time with the family .  No phones or lap tops for a little while.   Just valuable time with the family and less distraction. 

Susan4
Level 3
Corral De Tierra, CA

I have Scrabble, Backgammon, Cards, Chess, Dominos, Trivial Pursuit, Buddha Board, and other fun games. I also have a big basket of pens, watercolors, crayons, and watercolor & drawing pads, scissors, glue, and coloring books. I have baskets of nice toys and books for kids and of course, lots of books for adults. And bubbles out on the deck.

Hi. How are dealing with board games during COVID? I don’t want to add disinfecting games to cleansers duties and they may want to charge extra in order to do so. Thinking of putting label for guest to use disinfectant wipes before and after. What do y’all think ?

Nancy115
Level 5
Mills River, NC

I have a deck of cards and puzzle books - sudoku, word search - in one room and coloring books and colored pencils in the other. I also have board games in the closet. 

Julie1418
Level 2
Pocatello, ID

We have put Uno, Scrabble, a deck of cards and a puzzle. We also offer about 7 DVDs that are used regurarly.

Yes, we have a variety of board game for both adults and children along with a container of pictures to color and colored pencils.  Many of the games I have bought at charity shops, so the cost has been very reasonable.  We also have outdoor games like frisbees and bean-bag toss.  Guests love the activities and love that their kids have something to do.