Does Airbnb customer support really helps ?

Does Airbnb customer support really helps ?

To the CEO Mr Brian Chesky ,

I have a serious complaint recently my stay in Airbnb stay . 
The experience I had with Airbnb support was a nightmare .

What I experienced ?

I had a bad experience with my host and I had to escalate to Airbnb support .

1) each support ambassador I called 

was giving me runaround 

each person was giving contradictory information . When I made the first call they heard all about my complaint and said they raised an incident and the team will contact me in 2 hr . Keep the line open . I waited till midnight and nobody contacted

2) morning when I called back the second person telling he created another incident and the supervisor will call me . Also made me to explain everything in detail once again .I refused and asked him to connect me to the supervisor immediately .after a long conversation he apologized for the first agent not handling the case properly and assured me they call back with a resolution in 1 hr.

after 3 hr no call , when I called back another agent totally not aware of my second call at all . Where was the record ? 
he created another incident and assuring me the supervisor will contact in 1 hr . 
I really got angry .

And explained my frustration . Asked him to connect his supervisors immediately .

to my surprise he started laughing at me .he started repeating same things “ I apologize and understand” over and over again like a automated response. 
And hung up on me.

I really wonder if Airbnb does any quality control or really anybody actually reviews the recorded conversations with customers .

They are really sadistic and don’t care, or Airbnb is aware of their behaviors and they just had a support for the sake of it . I don’t know .

Not sure this community site is monitored by their CEO or anybody else .

i am posting here hoping that someone will reach out to me  or atleast bother to hear my recorded conversation with customer support .

Also I request you to read multiple threads here where people complain about your customer support team .

kindly do the needful ,

thank you

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

2 Replies 2
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Swapna7 ,

So sorry that you are facing such issues. It must have been frustrating for you! This is a Community Center for members to help each other. With more relevance to the incident you faced, the community members and other hosts would have been able to guide you better. Although the incident you wish to report is not yet clear, I have nudged the concerned team about your issue. I hope you get some information about your ticket soon.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Their resolution wouldn't solve the issue at all, they just based on the policy and do the process. The max you could escalate is one level manager/supervisor of the support team. There is no way to really lodge customer complaints. 

Wondering if General Manager or high-level people could or not see or hear anything from customer feedback.

wondering how Airbnb could make business continue if all guests are not happy and all guests go for other booking systems.

From my experience, I would not use Airbnb anymore and I would tell my friends not to use it to book any reservation because they allow hosts to cancel the booking anytime, this will cause huge/extreme inconvenience. e.g. sometimes 1 or 2 days before your trip. 

And the prices of accommodation services are different from the normal products that you purchased, as the price of accommodation varies and it will be very expensive when it is close to the data you want to stay in.