Does Airbnb not allow bookings by a guests that a host doesn’t want to host again

Rhonda45
Level 7
Eminence, MO

Does Airbnb not allow bookings by a guests that a host doesn’t want to host again

I’ve only had a few guests I do not want to host again.  I do have instant booking on.  WhenI review them hosts are asked if you would host them again.  If I put no, does Airbnb not allow them to book?  Thanks in advance! 

6 Replies 6
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Rhonda45 

Yes, that's how I understand it: if you put no, they won't be able to book again. However, I've played around with it a little bit and it seems that if you give them a fantastic rating and then tick you won't host them again, the system tells you something doesn't make sense. That's a really good feature - it prevents you from recommending them to other hosts if you're not willing to host them again yourself.

Thank you, Shelley!  I’ve had perhaps a total of 3 guests I do not want to host again in the 7 or so years I’ve been hosting.   I don’t give them a great rating and say very little about them.  Usually it’s because they brought more guests than they booked for.  I don’t want to get into nastiness because they know where I live and I do not want them coming back.  

It's a shame that you have to worry about people who know where you live .

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Rhonda45, thank you for sharing this question in our community.

Our wonderful Host Shelley has shared her opinion. Have you had a chance to read it? I am also reaching out to some of our experienced Hosts to see if they would like to share their thoughts:

@Joan2709@Joelle43 @Jonathan2534 @Lorina14 and @Karen1100.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Shelley was great and I glad to know Airbnb has a system where they can’t book again.  The few that I have no desire to host again rarely leave a review.  Most I don’t want back again have brought more guests than they booked for.  Just a few days ago, they booked for 4 but moved dining room chairs to seat 7 and left it that way so my suspicions were confirmed   They also parked  an extra on the grass behind the rental and used 3 double beds and the one single.  But they used enough pillows to see they had slept 2 to a bed and the one single made 7 people.  

I always wondered about this. I do not do instant booking. I also keep a blacklist, which in years of hosting is very small, of what I consider someone I would not want to host again. I do this to keep control  of my bookings and not let Airbnb decide for me.