Winter Release Q&A session

Extenuating Circumstances Policy - Guests - Urgent Help

Answered!
Nick2772
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

Extenuating Circumstances Policy - Guests - Urgent Help

Hi there, 

Air B n B don't seem to understand their own policy. 

The reservation in France was cancelled due to the riots / civil unrest / civil disorder / explosions in Toulouse last weekend.

We are covered under the following as per their Extenuating Policy Guidelines:

1. Government travel restrictions. Travel restrictions imposed by a governmental agency that prevent or prohibit travelling to, staying at, or returning from the Listing location. This does not include non-binding travel advisories and similar government guidance.
*There were curfews in place and restrictions on public transport*

2. Military actions and other hostilities. Acts of war, hostilities, invasions, civil war, terrorism, explosions, bombings, rebellions, riots, insurrection, civil disorder, and civil unrest.
*There were riots, explosions, civil disorder and civil unrest*

Our safety was clearly compromised so we need a full refund. When this Policy allows for cancellation, it controls and takes precedence over the reservation’s cancellation policy. Guests that are affected by an event covered by this Policy can cancel their reservation and receive, depending on the circumstances, a cash refund, travel credit, and/or other consideration.

We have asked for a full refund and they genuinely don't understand what to do. They say they will go to Host as not covered under this Policy but can't tell us why.

Thanks,

Nick

Top Answer
Nick2772
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

They haven’t resolved it though. 

This what Air B n B have got wrong: 

1. Promised five call backs and didn’t get one. 

2. Support Ambassador addressed me by incorrect name via message. 

3. Support Ambassador said they would resolve and the emailed me quoting the correct City. 

4. Your Extenuating Circumstances  Policy covers me for the riots but you deny they took place. I have provided video evidence. 

You then went to Host to ask for refund despite the Policy overriding that. 

5. Inconsistent messages from all Support Ambassadors giving the impression you don’t know what you are doing. 

6. You clearly prioritise profit over safety if your guests. 

View Top Answer in original post

15 Replies 15

They make a lot of mistakes. 

It’s not just a one off.