Extra guest without permission in a shared flat.

Lily636
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Extra guest without permission in a shared flat.

Hi everyone, looking for a bit of advice on how to deal with a unapproved guest. I’ve been lots of variations of this question but non that suits my situation exactly. 

I rent out the spare room in flat. Myself and my partner live here. It’s a loft conversion so not the biggest place - but does okay for us two and the temporary guest or couple. 

I dont allow couples to stay for longer than a week - as the space feels crowded especially if they decide to use the living room / kitchen area (it’s one room). 

I have a coupe staying for a week. They checked in 3 days ago. I have been on a  short break to the seaside with my partner, and made them aware. I am due to come back today (day 3 of their stay). 

I have external cameras outside the property and checked them today and saw 3 people enter the property (the 3rd person looked as if she was not arriving - more like popping back from the shops) so I checked the footage and they have had an extra guest stay since their arrival. 

They messaged asking for clean towels which I said I’d provide for them when I return home. This is obviously for their extra guest. I’m annoyed as I was reluctant to permit their stay whilst being out the house for 3 days. I am not sure if i am being over the top, but I do feel disrespected as a host in my shared home. I was also due back yesterday - but extended my stay last minute and didn’t tell my guests (bad of me I know!!). So if I did come back on time, was I to be greeted by a random person on my sofa? I also feel disrespected as this guest needed, let’s say, extra help when booking and travelling and I did go above to help them. 

Am I being over the top, especially since I have been on holiday or is my annoyance valid. I also am stuck with what to do if I arrive home tonight and the extra guest is there too. 

0 Replies 0