Falsely Accused by host for pre-damage bathroom tiles

Answered!
Murat134
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Falsely Accused by host for pre-damage bathroom tiles

The host is accusing me for damaged tiles in bathroom . I did not care the damaged tiles because the damage was already occurred before our use. After I left the apartment then they blamed me. As this was a only short stay break and we had travelled many hours and were extremely tired, we had to make the best of the situation. Not only do I feel frustrated at paying a lot of money to rent this accommodation with the dangerous state of the bathroom, now we are being falsely accused of causing the damage. They simply wanted to find a scapegoat to blame for the previous damaged tiles. I am still dealing with this disgusting accusing. It is the greatest unjust person that does not seek his own right. I will stand against this false claim. 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Presumably you followed the advice on your booking confirmation and raised the issue of the broken tiles  and the dangerous bathroom with the host on arrival @Murat134 

this will provide you with proof these were broken on arrival . 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Murat134, It has been a few days since you posted! Were you able to get in touch with the host and resolve this misunderstanding?

Do keep us posted on how this is going for you!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Presumably you followed the advice on your booking confirmation and raised the issue of the broken tiles  and the dangerous bathroom with the host on arrival @Murat134 

this will provide you with proof these were broken on arrival . 

This is exactly a similar situation I am going through right now. They are putting you as the scapegoat. I am going through this issue right now as well as discrimination. I’ll keep you updated about my journey as well. 

@Terrence58 Ask for time stamped photos/videos showing there was no damage immediately prior to your stay.

Let me know too, please!

I am seeing so many of these now I am wondering if it's full-on large scale fraud!