How to review a troubled guest?

Answered!
Marit0
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

How to review a troubled guest?

How do I write a review for a guest who is not capable of sharing house with others? The guest stayed for 35 days, and on day 35 she asked where the dust bin is.. you can just imagine... barely left the house, stayed in bed with trash piling up, all belongings (several suitcases) flung on the floor covering a 20 square m. room, doors open for a full display, leaving dirty dishes in the kitchen for days not cleaning until told, ate in bed never changing linens, mental health issues making me worried what would happen if I left for a week end? 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

it sounds like a horrible experience. @Marit0 

However, If a guest is breaking your house rules you don't let this behaviour carry on for the duration of their stay @Marit0 

you should make it clear how they are breaking your house rules and if the behaviour continues you ask Airbnb to cancel the booking so you can tell the guest to leave.

leave an honest review .

I do a regular clean for long stay guests .

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

it sounds like a horrible experience. @Marit0 

However, If a guest is breaking your house rules you don't let this behaviour carry on for the duration of their stay @Marit0 

you should make it clear how they are breaking your house rules and if the behaviour continues you ask Airbnb to cancel the booking so you can tell the guest to leave.

leave an honest review .

I do a regular clean for long stay guests .

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Marit0 Be very honest.  If this guest is incapable of sharing a house, then say so.  Be factual about the dirty kitchen and not taking out her trash.  I would not say anything about possible mental issues, but I might say that I would not leave the guest alone in my house.

Is it enough to say that:

...... asked on day 35 where the trash is... I leave the rest to your imagination.

Is that warning enough? Should I leave a review at all? 

I also feel bad for this mentally unstable person to read a bad review about herself. 

Debbie210
Level 10
Huntington Beach, CA

Copy and Paste!!!! What you wrote, is the truth. Please share the truth about your guest with future Hosts.