Guest been friendly

Answered!
Lucy993
Level 2
Skipton, United Kingdom

Guest been friendly

Hi everyone. This is my first post on here 😀

I wondered if anyone could relate here, so I had a lady try book my property a few weeks back for two guests and a dog unfortunately at her end she wasn't able to make the payment via airbnb, I contacted air bnb support and they wasn't sure why this was happening. I agreed to let the guest book with me direct. The payment went through and we communicated with conversations like dog friendly walks etc then the check in message. The evening of check out the lady messaged to say they had a lovley time etc...and had rote in my house guest book. She had sent another apologising for leaving some milk at the house etc.

then asking how the weather is at our place.. To me she is very friendly and even though she left the house 2 days ago seems to want to chat. Has anyone else had this? Do I be Friendly with this lady..  the commentating is via email as she couldn't book direct with air bnb . So I don't know who these people are.. I.e haven't seen a photo but you don't on booking. Com..  with all that's going on in the world would it harm to be friendly or should I just not respond if anymore messages come. Many thanks Lucy.

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

It looks like @Bronwyn100 has offered some sage advice from a Host's point of view. 

Just wanted to stop by and say welcome to the Community Center @Lucy993

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Fiona256
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Direct bookings are my preference, even if the guest has not stayed before. You can't rely on support or cover from Airbnb, it's mostly marketing hype. Set up your own terms and conditions, your own website and take a deposit. And have your own insurance.