Guest email address is requires in private GATED Community to register their vehicles, receive gate passes and purchase amenity passes

Answered!

Guest email address is requires in private GATED Community to register their vehicles, receive gate passes and purchase amenity passes

I'm  new in hosting and my house is located in a private GATED / secure community which requires me to register guest for vehicle, receive gate passes and purchase amenity passes. It has to be done no later then 5 days prior to arrival. On-line form requires guest email when I fill out, after  that guest automatically receiving form with specific registered number to fill out their vehicle info and pay for the amenity that lake community offer. However Airbnb guest policy is not to share email address. How can I get guest email address for the required form?  

1 Best Answer
Gaylin2
Level 3
Arizona, United States

I, too, have this same issue. Which is why I yanked my original listing from AirBnB and use other platforms that show me my guests email. I have just recently listed another new home though,  as I was told they revamped the platform. Yet I'm back to the same old sh*t! It's SO stupid that we can't have more info on people STAYING IN OUR HOMES!! You can find almost any email address, so what's the big deal, AirBnB?? I shouldn't have to spend so much time hunting down info that I NEED.  

Anyhoo- I have instant book, with 3 days out, so I have time to do the forms. AND, I say, in my very first Rule that pops up when someone is about to book, that they can not book if they are not comfortable with sharing their email address. And I blame it on the Resort as the Resort will not give them access. Don't like it? DON'T BOOK. But, of course, I will get idiots who DO NOT READ. Then I'M the bad guy, get the hit for having to cancel them, etc...??!?! Grrrrr!

I'm sorry, but it appears the revamp was not to the owner's advantage. I will probably be removing my homes again. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tatyana70 

You can sent the form via message system to a guest with a confirmed reservation.

You can also use the temporary assigned email address, lpease read:

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/an-update-for-hosts-who-use-the-email-alias-feature...

I sent a message to all guest with confirmed reservation but not everyone replies. I also followed your advice and entered on the form the temporary assigned email address,  but still not sure if they received it. Most of people though wait until last day to fill out their info.

Thank you for helping! 

Gaylin2
Level 3
Arizona, United States

Except, all of the pertinent info has been "redacted" by AirBnB!! So I'm sending what looks like a Top Secret missive from the military! Absolute garbage!

Not to mention, they are retiring it. IF you want to still utilize it, you must complete the attestation part. 

This whole "we ask hosts not to direct guests off Airbnb" thing equals $$$$ to AirBnB. Everything they do protects the lining of THEIR pockets. Not the host. Not the guest. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tatyana70 I would move your text about charging and the need for email address into the main body of your description. Many guests don't read all the rules and may well miss the extra charges and need for permits etc.

Gaylin2
Level 3
Arizona, United States

I, too, have this same issue. Which is why I yanked my original listing from AirBnB and use other platforms that show me my guests email. I have just recently listed another new home though,  as I was told they revamped the platform. Yet I'm back to the same old sh*t! It's SO stupid that we can't have more info on people STAYING IN OUR HOMES!! You can find almost any email address, so what's the big deal, AirBnB?? I shouldn't have to spend so much time hunting down info that I NEED.  

Anyhoo- I have instant book, with 3 days out, so I have time to do the forms. AND, I say, in my very first Rule that pops up when someone is about to book, that they can not book if they are not comfortable with sharing their email address. And I blame it on the Resort as the Resort will not give them access. Don't like it? DON'T BOOK. But, of course, I will get idiots who DO NOT READ. Then I'M the bad guy, get the hit for having to cancel them, etc...??!?! Grrrrr!

I'm sorry, but it appears the revamp was not to the owner's advantage. I will probably be removing my homes again.