Guest having an issue paying to book

Guest having an issue paying to book

I am a new host, just finished my first booking and have 3 upcoming. My most recent guest to book had several issues booking and airbnb can’t seem to figure out why. She and I both called. They tell me that it was our payout method first. Then they said it was her not verifying payments method, but she booked two other listing just like mine that day; far out in the future and with the same card she was trying to use. So first issue was that it wouldn’t let her pay half now and the rest later. Second issue was that she tried paying with the different bank cards from 3 different banks and none would work. She finally was able to just use PayPal but in case future guests have this issue I’d like to have answers.

1 Reply 1
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Dara129 I would say that there is an issue on the guests end and this is a red flag to you.Let the banking issue go through the booking platform , non verification is non verification,. How are you even talking with the guest if they have not booked?If it is only an inquiry then the blocking is being done probably because the card could not be verified, cards do not work if they have no money in them. Guests cannot book if they have not followed your checkin rules. the guest may be expecting pre approval without booking. It is not really for you to assist the guest in this case. suggest they go back to airbnb and to feel free to 'book ' when they are ready. I suggest they may have been pre approved with a number of hosts , so they can choose later .Its not a booking until it is a booking... H