Guests left a mess

Lauren3364
Level 1
Upton, United Kingdom

Guests left a mess

Hi, 

I’m a host in the UK. 

Ive recently had guests that stayed with us. The place was trashed. They didn’t even use bin bags in the bins and blind broken. Ridiculously amounts of rubbish and rice left everywhere. 

I’m a superhost and new to Airbnb. (Only been going since August.) I’ve heard to wait for the guests to review first so they don’t react to my review, which will ultimately bring my score and ratings down which I think is unfair. 

they clearing signed up to Airbnb as they were emigrating to the country. They also stayed on the property for two hours after check out.

im not sure what’s my best way to approach it all. It’s all a little overwhelming.  

4 Replies 4
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Lauren3364 

Did you just post this in a FB group? very similar post,

These people make me wanna scream cant swear on here it goes bleep bleep bleep

Was they looking for a refund?

I live in Phuket, Thailand If they did that to me I guarantee you they would be missing their flights home,

I am Thai and the police dont like foreigners coming here and doing that,

Let see how they like a few days in the monkey house,

Come on airbnb back the host you have their credit card details just wack them. 

It wasn’t my post on Facebook. 

I’ve heard to leave it to the last minute to leave a review. Otherwise they may lie and put a terrible review for me. I’m 5 stars for everything and a superhost. 

I don’t want them to get away with it or I feel nervous they’ve moved onto someone else’s place and I can’t warn them. The system is flawed. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lauren3364 Firstly let me explain how reviews work.

When you leave your review the guest can't see it until they have written their review (and vice versa). Reviews are published either at the end of the 14 day review period or when both parties have reviewed.

So there is no need to wait to write your review.

Secondly, if you plan to claim for damage from Airbnb you also have 14 days to do so. You should write your review early and hope the guest then leaves theirs. It is then too late for them to leave a revenge review.

Finally do you leave spare bin liners etc. It is a small price to pay to encourage guests to behave responsibly (but doesn't always work!).

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Lauren3364 Both guest and host’s reviews post at same time. Also, please note that guest doesn’t have to review you at all. 

I’ve been a host since March and also a SH. I will not allow losing that status to deter me from giving a factual an honest review of a guest. 

Your review could be something like this. I was very disappointed in the condition my rental was left in—lots of trash/rubbish everywhere, even though bins were provided. I do not recommend hosting this guest. 

Please don’t start out worrying about whether you’ll get a bad review or not. You’ll only drive yourself crazy. Just my 2cents.