Help Guiding Guest to my Hotel due to language barrier

Answered!
Tom4227
Level 2
Frontenac Islands, Canada

Help Guiding Guest to my Hotel due to language barrier

I have been trying to guide a group of Chinese visitors to my Hotel all day. It was my understanding that there was a translation feature via messaging. Can someone help me to help these guests arrive to my Hotel? 

Top Answer
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Tom4227 

In the Airbnb app one can turn on translation (menu, settings, translation). Theirs is probably turned off, but it may be difficult to explain to them.

It's probably quicker to just type something in English in Google Translate, translate it to Chinese and paste the Chinese translation in the message thread.

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Tom4227
Level 2

According to their profile the guest speaks 中文. Is there anyone who could assist these guests with instruction. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED from this community. I am trying to ease the stress of this group of 8 people who are lost and likely exhausted. 

I have sent Google Map links. They have found someone to translate a conversation on the phone. They are finding it difficult to navigate even with GPS. Unfortunately, I don't know their location. 

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Tom4227 

In the Airbnb app one can turn on translation (menu, settings, translation). Theirs is probably turned off, but it may be difficult to explain to them.

It's probably quicker to just type something in English in Google Translate, translate it to Chinese and paste the Chinese translation in the message thread.

Tom4227
Level 2

Thank you for your response, @Shelley159 . I have taken your suggestion and tried using Google Translate. The guest is reading my messages but not responding. I'm hoping they found an attraction to visit along the way. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Tom4227 , thanks so much for sharing that @Shelley159 's suggestion worked!

Do keep us posted if the guest responds. Hope everything goes smoothly.

All the best 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines