Help with Booking

Help with Booking

Hello all, I am in need of advice on how to get my rental property rented. I feel it should be booked at this time of the year. Anyone please help!! Thanks 

5 Replies 5
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Morgan810 

I would suggest the Airbnb  New Host Discount for your first three bookings, a new Host new Listing and No Reviews, you need to prove your worth your price.

The second thing is realizing, it is great that you have so many beds, but if 8 people they are too many people for your dining and living room.   I see 1 small dining table and a 3 seater couch.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Morgan810  I would not rent a 3 bedroom condo with only 7 pictures and no written description. 

Go on AirBnB as a guest, look at the properties around you, find a good listing with lots of reviews and pictures, and do what they have done. Then you'll realize where you're falling short. 

I'm not sure why you're sitting and expecting guests to rent your condo when you haven't done your job as a host. 

I was only asking for suggestions and have just listed the property as of yesterday. There is no reason to be rude. Thank you 

Lorina14
Level 10
Bellevue, WA

Hi @Morgan810!

I would agree on the new host discount and have you taken Airbnb up with the free support from a Superhost Ambassador? You get paired up with a seasoned host and they answer your questions, review your listing, and give advice to help you successfully host. 

Additionally it’s always good to check out similar listings which if you click on dates to your calendar and scroll to the bottom you will see a tab for similar listings and then click on their listings to see their pricing, write ups, pictures (how you stage and take good pics with good lighting matters), and reviews for ideas on what makes your listing stand out and how you are unique to other listings in the area. 

You could also switch to guest mode and search your area for listings that have similar bedroom and baths as your listing. You can favorite them on a wishlist to keep tabs on your competition in the area. It’s important to do market research to figure out what guests like and dislike as well as the pricing and amenities offered by other hosts.

I’ll take a look and see if I have any other suggestions.

@Morgan810,

It appears your listing has the essentials unchecked for some reason. It may be a flaw when you signed up but be sure to uncheck it. There was an update recently that made my listing have essentials unchecked (which is bizarre as a guest booked and inquired if it was a mistake - and that’s how I caught it). Guests expect toilet paper (at least starter rolls), dish soap, towels, sheets, soap, shampoo to be provided.

I also noticed you do not have a carbon monoxide alarm. You may want to invest in this as there was bad press about a couple in the Caribbean who passed away due to unknown carbon monoxide poisoning in their vacation rental in the past year and it’s an invisible unscented gas that is poisonous. 

I would add more pictures (of the bathrooms, balcony if you have one, the view from the window), pictures of the beach. Some hosts even put pics of local attractions in their listing. I’d guess you should have at least 20-40 photos not too much or too little. 50 is excessive, no duplicates of pics, unless it is like a night photo versus a day photo of the patio, the beach, the city or something.

Do offer beach toys/mats/outdoor sand chairs to use with your listing?

You should list nearby attractions, the distance and their approx walking, driving time to get there. 

Please also fix the typos in the description. 

Go under the discount section and check the new host discount that will give 20% off the list price for the first 3 stays or first 30 days whichever comes first.  

Good luck with hosting!