Hi. I would like to check if a property is legit

Answered!
Anthony2332
Level 1
South Africa

Hi. I would like to check if a property is legit

**[Identifiable listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that is not allowed to post a listing link unless posted by a listing owner]

Top Answer
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Anthony2332, thank you for reaching out to our community for advice.

I wanted to share that I had to remove the link to a Host's profile/listing as we do not allow our Community members to post identifiable information due to safety and privacy reasons as per our Community Center Guidelines.

There's a popular thread in our Community Center where an experienced Host has shared some useful tips to identify if a listing is authentic. Scam alert! How can I make sure a listing is real? 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Anthony2332 On the surface it looks fine and your money should be safe if you book through Airbnb BUT there is hardly any description and the calendar only seems to allow 1 or 2 night stays. If I were you I would message the host, express your concerns and see what he says. Is it expensive or is this the norm in Dublin?

Thank you for your reply.

It seems the norm for dublin

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Anthony2332, thank you for reaching out to our community for advice.

I wanted to share that I had to remove the link to a Host's profile/listing as we do not allow our Community members to post identifiable information due to safety and privacy reasons as per our Community Center Guidelines.

There's a popular thread in our Community Center where an experienced Host has shared some useful tips to identify if a listing is authentic. Scam alert! How can I make sure a listing is real? 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad