Hide my phone number from guests

Maria14475
Level 2
Ingersoll, Canada

Hide my phone number from guests

Hello, 

I am wondering, is there a way I can hide my number from guests? I do not want them calling my personal phone. Messaging though the air bnb app is all I want guests to be able to do. 

I've been looking to hide my number but I can't find this in settings. 

Anyone know about this option?

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Maria14475  Guests' phone numbers are visible to hosts and vice versa after a booking  is paid for and confirmed. If a guest tries to communicate via phone and it's something you want documented in the messaging, just tell them they should communicate with you via the Airbnb messaging system. 

I, for one, want guests to have my phone number for time-sensitive issues. For instance, guests have phoned or texted me to let me know they are at their departure airport, but their flight has been delayed or overbooked. And I ask them to phone or text me when they arrive and have cleared immigration and customs at the airport here, so I have a heads-up on their arrival time at my place, which is an hour's drive away.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Maria14475 

@Sarah977  makes great comments.

Keep in mind you are in the Hospitality/Customer Service Industry.  If you want to succeed, you need to available to respond to guests at a moments notice.

Compare how you would feel if you called a plumber for an emergency repair and the answering service stated "well, put in a claim on the website, we have no one available to assist you".

By my experiences, all my guests have my cell/text numbers and are free to contact me at any time, before, during or after the booking.

Only once has a guest called me,  they were at the right street, wrong Township.  Also, I have repeat guests who contacted me while I was winter snoozed for future dates.  Glad I got a repeat booking because the guest kept my number.

I would not want a bad review on response time.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Maria14475
Level 2
Ingersoll, Canada

I have 100% response time without them using my number. That's why I have air bnb notification on, and I get emailed. 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

That's  excellent👍

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Maria14475 

It is no way to hide the host or the guest's phone number in Airbnb App.

Indeed, as my listings description, the check-in information message, internal rules...

We reminded the guests repeatedly,

"We can't respond to phone calls, please do contact us throughout the Airbnb message only."

" Friendly reminder, we do not recommend phone calls for check-in inquiries......"

" We much prefer communication  though Airbnb App for refence "

However, some of the guests are not having the roaming internet on their cells phone, which turns out to be a negative experience for their stays.

We do question every guest before or after the booking about the internet connection on their device.

Therefore, it is essential to have an alternative to accepting phone messages or calls during the guest's arrival date.