Hosting

Claire1841
Level 2
The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom

Hosting

I am seeking legal advice .

1) I am a host and a client left a negative review  whilst I disagree its the clients right to do so thats OK  within the services offered !

2) What I am disputing is within the review the clients reviews publicly my personal  private space outside of the contract  of her stay and areas private not in scope, (irrelevant review ) 

Air B and B refuse to remove this  section of the review .

Any comments before I go legal 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Claire1841 my non-legal advice is to forget it and move on. The guest has a view and is entitled to share it. Also if you are providing breakfast I feel the state of the kitchen is relevant to your guests (and the local health inspector).

Claire1841
Level 2
The Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom

Hello thanks for the response.

I feel that  guests should  not be allowed to  comment on irrelevant out of scope aspects of their stay eg the car in the garden was old .

We have no problem with guests reviews on the in scope services provided .

We are indeed approved for bed and breakfast  - Messy  has nothing to do with it anyway ..

Finally the  Kitchen thats reviewed is not  even aligned to providing  breakfast , we have approx 10 rooms not shared  they are all private  , so we feel that hosts and guests should be aware of their aspects of reviewing services  and private spaces. 

Claire