Hotel standard fee in Rome

Answered!
Tina11076
Level 1
Clemson, SC

Hotel standard fee in Rome

I just reserved an AirBnb in Rome. The host shared with me these additional fees. 

- City tax of Rome: 6€ per person per night

- Hotel Standard fee which includes Final Cleaning/Bedding/Towels/Toiletries: 70€ as a single flat rate for the whole stay (not per person).

I have read about the City of Rome tax, but had not seen the hotel standard fee on other homes. Are these legit for all in Rome?

Thank you.

Tina

1 Best Answer
Angela1056
Level 10
Linarolo, Italy

Ciao @Tina11076 and thanks to @Paula for reaching out to me.
For Rome Airbnb collects the tourist tax (6 euro) directly during the booking and remits it to the Municipality of Rome. It is marked as a separate item in the payment of the stay. No tax in cash is required.
If there is a separate supplement for final cleaning (that may include the linen), it should also be mentioned separately in the payment items and no cash should be required. 
These are the rules that apply to short-term tourist rentals only.

There are also Hotels that rent out their rooms or suites on Airbnb but then other rules apply. 
There are also B&B, Casa Vacanze, Affittacamere etc. that may have other rules. When renting through Airbnb in Italy it is not always possible to know what kind of accommodation you are going to rent. But apart from the tourist tax which in most municipalities is to be collected in cash at check-in, nothing else should be requested in cash. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tina11076, welcome to the Airbnb Community Center,

I am reaching out to @Angela1056one of our amazing Italian Hosts. Although her listing isn't in Rome, she may still have some valuable ideas to share.

It could also be worthwhile to ask this question in our 👉Italian Community Center.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you. It looks like most of the listings have the cleaning fee included whereas this listing has it paid separately. Thank you for your message!

Angela1056
Level 10
Linarolo, Italy

Ciao @Tina11076 and thanks to @Paula for reaching out to me.
For Rome Airbnb collects the tourist tax (6 euro) directly during the booking and remits it to the Municipality of Rome. It is marked as a separate item in the payment of the stay. No tax in cash is required.
If there is a separate supplement for final cleaning (that may include the linen), it should also be mentioned separately in the payment items and no cash should be required. 
These are the rules that apply to short-term tourist rentals only.

There are also Hotels that rent out their rooms or suites on Airbnb but then other rules apply. 
There are also B&B, Casa Vacanze, Affittacamere etc. that may have other rules. When renting through Airbnb in Italy it is not always possible to know what kind of accommodation you are going to rent. But apart from the tourist tax which in most municipalities is to be collected in cash at check-in, nothing else should be requested in cash.