How can I get an Invoice from AirBnB?

Katie1498
Level 1
Liverpool, United Kingdom

How can I get an Invoice from AirBnB?

Hi there, I was let down by a host on Booking.Com, and had to book alternative accommodation from AirBnB.  Booking.Com will not accept the receipt, and have asked for an invoice.  The hosts say that this should be issued by AirBnB, but I have gone around the app, the desktop and the forum to see how I get this and I can't see a clear answer.   

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The host is incorrect . Airbnb don't issue invoices. You can use your booking confirmation that shows what you have booked and the cost @Katie1498 

Bandu6
Level 3
Unawatuna, Sri Lanka

Hi Katie! I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you're facing. I've been in the same situation where I had to host a guest who was rejected by a Booking.com listing. I, as a host, had to provide the guest with a receipt confirming his stay with us...

To get an invoice for your Airbnb booking, follow these simple steps:

1. First, log in to your Airbnb account on their website.

2. In the top right corner, click on your profile picture or icon. This will take you to your account settings.

3. Now, select “Trips” from the menu. This is where you can see all your past and upcoming trips.

4. Find the specific trip you need an invoice for and click on it. This will take you to the details page for that trip.

5. On this page, look for an option that says something like “Request an Invoice” or “Download Invoice.” Click on it, and Airbnb will generate an invoice for your stay with all the necessary information.

Tip: If you run into any problems along the way, don’t hesitate to reach out to Airbnb’s customer support. They should be able to assist you in getting the invoice you need for Booking.com. Thanks, Katie. Safe travels!

I had the same exact problem yesterday with a host on Booking.com who turned out to be totally unprofessional and then canceled my booking at 2:45 PM. Check-in was at 3. I will no longer be booking private accommodations through Booking.com. Airbnb offers better support for these things.

I can't find the "Request an Invoice" or "Download Invoice" option. I only see receipts available. Booking asked specifically for a "0 balance invoice." Do you have to contact Airbnb support to get it?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As I mentioned earlier in thread @Jessica3690 Airbnb doesn't issue invoices . 

you can use your booking confirmation to demonstrate what you have booked and paid.

Unfortunately, they told me they cannot accept the booking confirmation or a receipt 😞

This is getting really annoying.

Did you find a solution for the zero pay invoice with booking.com? I'm running into the same situation.

Thank you, but this is not entirely helpful. You're confusing an INVOICE with a RECEIPT. An invoice is issued before payment is made and serves as a quote for the cost of a future service. A receipt, on the other hand, is issued after payment has been made. So, can Airbnb provide an invoice so I can use it to prepare my travel budget? Hopefully, Airbnb Customer Service reads this 😊. Thank you.