How did somone book a reservation 8 months out, when my settings are at 6 months?

Answered!
Julie6199
Level 2
Florida, United States

How did somone book a reservation 8 months out, when my settings are at 6 months?

I just received a booking for February 2025 (8 months out) which is peak season.  They booked at a low rate because I had not yet changed the minimum rate, as my booking settings are set for a maximum of 6 months out.  I've been hosting for four years and have never had this happen before.   On a similar, but different note, is there a way to change the minimum rate and length of stay by season?  They have apparently added new features, but are not easy to use on my phone.  

Top Answer
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Julie6199 

On the desktop, go to the calendar. Select the dates that you want to edit. A block pops up where you can apply settings specifically to those dates. The first thing you can edit is "availability" and the second is "minimum stay". Then you can also set the price and create a rule set if you want to do more. 

View Top Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Shelley159
Top Contributor

Hi @Julie6199

You can check whether your calendar is set to take bookings for the correct number of months by scrolling on and checking whether the dates are greyed out. 

If you want to set seasonal rates you can turn on professional tools if you have not done so yet (go to account settings). Hope it helps!

Julie6199
Level 2
Florida, United States

Thank you @Shelley159 .  I'm beginning to see there are different features on my desktop, than on my IPAD.   Even with the Professional Tools, I still can't figure out how to change the minimum length of stay during the different seasons.  

Shelley159
Top Contributor

Hi @Julie6199 

On the desktop, go to the calendar. Select the dates that you want to edit. A block pops up where you can apply settings specifically to those dates. The first thing you can edit is "availability" and the second is "minimum stay". Then you can also set the price and create a rule set if you want to do more. 

@Julie6199. Hi Julie, yep this happened to me before I discovered Professional Tools. So now every year I set my prices for the next 12 months then I block any future dates I dont want to be open for yet via calendar. That way when I open up if I suddenly get a booking the default pricing I put in a while back is the minimum I am happy with. I have about 12 different "seasons" including school terms and holidays, long weekends, discounts etc.  But I also regularly review pricing.

I can only manage this via the desktop and rarely use the phone version except when I'm on the road. As @Shelley159 points out each "season" has many options to select from. Just remember any season changes apply across all listings.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Julie6199 👋

You've got such a lot of wonderful support here! Have you managed to turn on pro tools and navigate how to use it after the great recommendations below? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines