How is your hosting season going?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

How is your hosting season going?

Vacation2.png

Hello everyone 👋

As summer approaches in one half of the world and winter arrives in the other, students and families are taking time off, which could create a peak season in different regions. With this in mind, we would like to ask: Are you having a busy hosting season? If so, could you please share your top three strategies to stand out this season?

Your insights will help inspire Hosts who might be facing a slower season in terms of bookings. We look forward to reading about your experiences.

Thank you 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

82 Replies 82

This has been the busiest season ever for us. We have had our Airbnb house by Lake Chatuge in the western North Carolina mountains for 9 years. We have a wonderful reliable cleaning couple. We block out days for extra cleaning and maintenance twice a year. So our house is kept very clean, uncluttered, and well maintained. We provide liquid hand soap, shampoo, conditioner and bath gel that our cleaners keep filled. We have extra throws for comfort in our great room by the gas fireplace. We have decent dishes, towels, sheets, etc. for guest comfort. We keep a book with recommendations for restaurants, boat and water sport rentals, hiking trails, shops, etc. The grounds are well maintained by a yard maintenance man and his workers. I give bonuses to our helpers when business is good on holidays. We personally check out the house every chance we get when we come up and stay at our weekend house next door. We keep our daily prices as low as we can so that families can afford a vacation. Our guests are very respectful of the house. We listen to guest recommendations for maintenance and repair. We try to have personal comments of greetings when guests tell us what they want in our area. We try to keep the communication light and friendly. We now have many repeat customers and guests who come at the recommendation of past guests. This success has occurred over time.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Gloria-And-Bob0, wow, what an insightful answer! 🌟

All these things together ensure that your guests have a wonderful stay. Do they usually leave reviews? As you mentioned, getting feedback is one way to improve.

Your knowledge is incredibly valuable to our community, and I would love to see you around more often. If it's okay with you, I can tag you in conversations where new Hosts have questions, and your experience could be helpful to them.

Please let me know if this sounds good to you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Ruksaana0
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

I let a room in my family home and I'm based in a SW city in the UK, near to a university. Lots of my bookings are last minute. I usually have workers during the week and then people coming to visit the city, family or friends at the weekend. Recently I have had a few students stay who are retaking exams. I would say this is my busiest time of year. I try to aim for 70% occupancy as a minimum. If I'm having a quiet week and want to fill the space I just drop the fee by a few pounds, that seems to work most of the time.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ruksaana0,

Wonderful, thank you so much for sharing your strategies! Please keep us posted on how this season ends.

Wishing you all the best 🌟

-----

My hosting season has been quite busy. My top three strategies are offering personalized experiences, maintaining excellent communication with guests, and keeping the property well-maintained and welcoming.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Illa3286,

Amazing, thank you so much for sharing this! How long have you been an Airbnb Host? Please feel free to start a new conversation in our community to share your tips or ask any questions you might have.

I hope to keep seeing you around in the Community Center 🌟

-----

Joe3863
Level 2
Hurricane, UT

We have only been hosting now for just over 3 months but so far so good. We are near Zion National Park which is busy all year around. Always looking for ways to stand out. We are currently working on getting a back yard area set up for our Casita we rent out. Any recommendations would be great. 

Lauren4237
Level 1
Florida, United States

We've had a good summer but know things are going to slow down as we get closer to Aug and September