How to help new AirBnB users?

Answered!
Brenda1620
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

How to help new AirBnB users?

Hi, this is my second summer hosting an AirBnB and I've only just been a guest once, ages ago. I have a lot of new people on the app and was wondering what you do to help them find things? I have my house rules, instructions for wifi, address details clearly listed on the site and need help telling new guests where the link is to find this information...?

I know a lot of people have things printed out once guests arrive, but I have guests with multiple languages (French, Arabic, German) as a lot of them are tourists, or immigrants. I'm assuming also that my house rules are showing up in their language...? Is this a thing as well?

I know the quickest thing would be to have an auto-response but really they should learn where stuff is for the next host... thoughts?

1 Best Answer
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Brenda1620 

Yes, the app auto-translates information into their preferred language. So if you do decide to set up an auto-response or a quick response to highlight the main points after their reservation, they will receive the information in the language of their choice.

I recommend that at least the Wi-fi password should not only be on the app, but also somewhere inside your listing (this is not language-dependent as you can just use a Wifi symbol and write the password). Otherwise it's possible that some foreign travelers may not be able to connect to the app to find the password before they have the password! 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Brenda1620 

Yes, the app auto-translates information into their preferred language. So if you do decide to set up an auto-response or a quick response to highlight the main points after their reservation, they will receive the information in the language of their choice.

I recommend that at least the Wi-fi password should not only be on the app, but also somewhere inside your listing (this is not language-dependent as you can just use a Wifi symbol and write the password). Otherwise it's possible that some foreign travelers may not be able to connect to the app to find the password before they have the password! 🙂

Ok thanks so much! Good to know!