Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Hurricane Helene

Juanita144
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

Hurricane Helene

I had a guest checking in today but her flight got canceled due to the hurricane. She let me know immediately and said that they were trying to get rebooked. She texted me today at 3:30 and said that they decided to cancel their trip altogether because the airline put them on a flight that would only get them in tomorrow at 11 pm and they are leaving on Sunday. How do I resolve this? I told her I would give her a refund minus $100 dollars for having the apartment empty this weekend. Shall I cancel the reservation? Does she? Do I wait for her to give me the new dates? And request a change in the reservation? I want to free up the nights in case I can get someone else to stay there this weekend.  Help!

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Juanita144 

Make the Guest cancel otherwise you will have a penalty fee.

Do not agree to any refund until she does cancel because your locked in.

@Marie8425 Could you detail more why the have to cancel first?  If they cancel it only refunds a small portion and the you have to go back and address it. 

@Ben6644 

Airbnb has penalties to a Host who cancels financial and ranking of property> If a Host agrees to offer a larger refund the Guest cancels they can send a request for the Host to approve and then Airbnb will process the adjustment.