Incorrect Information Stated by Guest in Review

Answered!

Incorrect Information Stated by Guest in Review

Hi guys, I am looking for advice and support regarding a challenging situation I've encountered with a recent guest review on my Airbnb listing. The review left by the guest contains totally factually incorrect information about their stay, which is negatively impacting my listing's reputation.

I've already contacted Airbnb support regarding this issue, outlining the specific inaccuracies in the review. However, I was informed that because the review doesn't breach their terms and is reflective of the guest's feelings about their experience, it cannot be removed. The Airbnb agent I disputed this with said: 'I just want to let you know as well that Airbnb do not generally mediate disputes concerning the truth of reviews. Reviews are a very subjective experience. Every single review is a resemblance of human subjective perception of reality or experience. We encourage Guests and Hosts to leave a review in order to share that experience that they accrued from that experience. That being said, Airbnb’s Reviews Policy guides Hosts and guests to write reviews that are relevant and unbiased and can help our community make informed booking and hosting decisions. We examined this review and did not identify any violations of our policy. For this reason, we are unable to remove the review.'

The review is exceptionally brief, containing only a short statement that includes this incorrect information - they state the cleaning fee is £160 when it was not! Despite my efforts to rectify this by reaching out to Airbnb, I haven't received a resolution or guidance on how to address this misrepresentation.

I'm at a loss for what steps to take next. Has anyone in the community faced a similar situation? If so, could you share any advice or strategies you used to address inaccuracies in guest reviews?

I firmly believe in maintaining transparency and honesty within our community, and this review contradicts the factual representation of the guest's stay. I'm open to any insights or experiences that could help me navigate this issue and ensure a fair representation of my listing.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Zara96 Just leave a comment to the review stating what the cleaning fee actually is. Then don't worry about it as people can see the fee for themselves when booking.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Zara96 Just leave a comment to the review stating what the cleaning fee actually is. Then don't worry about it as people can see the fee for themselves when booking.

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Interested to hear how you addressed this in the end @Zara96

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Unfortunately, like @Mike-And-Jane0  suggested, a reply to the guest comment was pretty much the only option. Although, I am still miffed that the guest can leave such a short and factually incorrect review with no repercussions or general pushback from Airbnb to leave an honest, more detailed review!