Input Needed: Studio vs. 1-Bedroom Suite Preferences

Answered!
Farah148
Level 3
San Jose, CA

Input Needed: Studio vs. 1-Bedroom Suite Preferences

Hi Everyone,

I’m seeking your input on a decision I’m currently making regarding the pricing of a 1-bedroom suite.

If all other factors were equal, would you have a strong preference for a 1-bedroom suite over a studio? Additionally, what percentage more would you be willing to pay for a 1-bedroom suite compared to a studio?

Looking for any insight that will help me determine whether I should filter out studios when pricing my 1-bedroom suite. Any advice or feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

1 Best Answer

@Farah148 

Just my old lady suggestion, haha.

Most couples don't always want to end their night same time lol.  Having a seperate room so one person can go to bed and the other enjoy the late news, especially if on vacation and no early rising is a big plus.  I would consider studio pricing but to determine an increase to my 1 bedroom price.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Farah148 

A Studio as opposed to an en suite has a different level of privacy expectation.  Some guests have a higher regard for privacy other guests are comfortable that you aren't interested in their section of your house.  When pricing it is nor just about accommodation the priority is market interest.

Rather than a studio compared to an en suite I would look at room rentals in a shared environment and then what encouragement and what pricing you could offer in the market where you are an upgrade 

@Marie8425 Thanks!  Sorry, I think the wording on my post caused confusion.  Mean’t studio apartment vs. 1 bedroom apartment.  Do you know how I can delete post, and re-post?

Farah148
Level 3
San Jose, CA

Edit to above:  Mean’t studio apartment vs 1 bedroom apartment.

@Farah148 

Sorry yes I misunderstood lol.  I don't know how to delete but I know I have seen mentions of titles revised. @Paula 

@Farah148 

Just my old lady suggestion, haha.

Most couples don't always want to end their night same time lol.  Having a seperate room so one person can go to bed and the other enjoy the late news, especially if on vacation and no early rising is a big plus.  I would consider studio pricing but to determine an increase to my 1 bedroom price.

@Marie8425 Thank you, Marie!  That is a valid point, option for one to sleep, while other is watching the telly. 😊

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Farah148 

Another suggestion lookin g at your listing talk to Airbnb you should be in the Apartment n ot Suite category  A Suite is an addition to the Hosts home that is not a locked seperate area.  The Host or thed Guest is able to access the others area.