Is the cost to stay at an Airbnb too much compared to hotel?

Answered!

Is the cost to stay at an Airbnb too much compared to hotel?

Are Airbnb hosts charging too much?  I’m finding the cost to stay at an Airbnb is much more expensive than at a hotel.

Airbnb hosts typically offer less amenities, are requiring guests to clean kitchen and bath, strip beds and start the laundry in addition to paying a cleaning fee.

1 Best Answer

@Mike-And-Jane0  my daughter and her bf both studied and work in hospo. the bf is currently working in a 5* hotel not far from us, and they charge 3x the price. The building is marvellous, historic blah blah blah, and has the wank factor that Lambo owners might need, but he keeps insisting we are too cheap for what we offer. 

and then when you stay in rural Australia you're often paying $130-$200 per night for some daggy old motel that hasn't had a refurb in 30+ years, and wasn't that attractive to begin with !  This is not far from what I charge. 

I will give @Ben4894  this point, we were in SF in 2018 and I wanted to stay in an airbnb, for the personality and living in a local situation, but they were soooo expensive, we opted for a hotel instead. Same situation in NYC. So in some cities they might well be overpriced.

View Best Answer in original post

30 Replies 30
Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Ben4894  as we suspected, you are new. 0 reviews.