Is this booking a scam?

Answered!
Eleanor194
Level 2
Washington, DC

Is this booking a scam?

Can you please tell me if this listing is a scam? I have never seen a message saying to confirm with a separate email address.  It's also very cheap compared to the ones around it.

**[Identifiable information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer

They already took it down so clearly was a scam 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Eleanor194 ,

It seems like the links you provided don't work. Also please note that as per Community Center Guidelines, it is not allowed to share identifiable information. Are there any recent reviews on the listing you shared? You might be able to get some ideas based on it. 

Bhumika_0-1682359018995.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

They already took it down so clearly was a scam 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Ah @Eleanor194 ! Thanks for coming back and updating us! Glad to know that appropriate actions were taken!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Erik1815
Level 1
Oslo, Norway

I just came across a similar listing, and found this post through a search for the email address in question. It has to be a scam, the user I found has 16 listings with identical pictures. 

It is very unfortunate that Airbnb, instead of stopping this scam and warning other users, deletes the useful information you posted without looking into it.

The "host" I came across was named Hugo.

If anyone else comes across a listing with the following text, I'd say it's most likely a scam:

"CHECK YOUR DATES with my co-host directly at ..."

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Is this on the Airbnb website @Erik1815 

If so can you post a link to the listing so we can see what you are referring to.

Have you reported the listing on the Airbnb website?