Long Term extension dates blocked out

Answered!
Jacqueline1395
Level 2
Shepherdsville, KY

Long Term extension dates blocked out

Our unit is set up as a monthly rental (30 day minimum). Our current guest is reserved for 35 days, so she's already reserved for the required days. There are 22 days between her stay and the next guest. She has requested an extension, however, Airbnb has these dates blocked out. I can not open them up on my end, because it violates the Airbnb 30 minimum rule. I'm not trying to open it for another guest, just want to allow my current guest the ability to add on a week or two. I've already contacted customer support, and the issue is being escalated. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what was the outcome. Surely theres a way around it.

1 Best Answer

Hi @Jacqueline1395 

Go to your in box and find the last guest message

On the right panel you will see Reservation Details

Scroll towards the bottom and you will see "Change Reservation"

Change Reservation 3.png

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi @Jacqueline1395 

So you (or your current guest) tried to do a reservation alteration to extend the current stay and you couldn't do that? Is that correct?

The guest tried to extend her dates but they were blocked. It will not allow us to unblock them for her to use. 

@Jacqueline1395 

Then it's probably the case that if you (as Host) tried to alter the reservation and extend the dates the same thing would happen...sigh 

Just a thought, can you change your minimum stay setting to more than 30 days (say, 40 days instead of 30 or however many addl nights you need?) and min stay to 1 night? Would that unblock the dates? Be sure you have Instant Book off before doing that if you don't already. You can then change the default setting back to whatever you want after this is resolved. You could also try adding a custom trip length to the dates in question on your calendar? 

Trip Length 30 Days.png

I believe at this stage, if changing your default trip length doesn't work, then only Airbnb can unblock the dates and extend the reservation most likely. Wish I had a better solution?  

Let us know if the above solves the problem? Might help another Host with the same situation.

@Joan2709 I could try this. But I wonder if it would interfere wil the future guests? Our next two reservations are for 30 and 35 days. 

@Jacqueline1395 

It should not affect any bookings you already have...only a future booking.  This is why you should turn OFF Instant Book (which I assume you already have) while you are doing this:

- Turn OFF Instant Book

- Change your default stay settings as indicated

- Double check the dates are open on your calendar

- Either you or your guest can then change the check-out date using the alteration/change reservation feature. Only change the check-out date on the alteration page; not the check-in date. 

Change Check-Out.png

Advise guest ahead of time you are doing this so they can either send you a request to accept, or you can send them a request to accept right away.

After you are done, return your default settings to what you had prior. Turn Instant Book back on (if you are using it) only AFTER this has all been accomplished. BTW, if you are doing long-term stays it's probably best NOT to use Instant Book.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jacqueline1395 it makes sense that you cannot open up the dates but I would have thought you can send an alteration request to the guest. Failing this you could be naughty and just accept a private extension to the  stay. Doing this will break Airbnb's rules and potentially void Aircover.

How do we send an alteration request?

Hi @Jacqueline1395 

Go to your in box and find the last guest message

On the right panel you will see Reservation Details

Scroll towards the bottom and you will see "Change Reservation"

Change Reservation 3.png